This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide SDYVNYDIIVRHYN(C), corresponding to amino acid residues 17-30 of human S1PR1 (Accession P21453). Extracellular, N-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of RAEC cells (lanes 1 and 3) and A-10 (lane 2 and 4) cell lysates:1,2. Anti-S1PR1 (EDG1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-011), (1:200).
3,4. Anti-S1PR1 (EDG1) (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Expression of Sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor 1 in rat lungImmunohistochemical staining of paraffin embedded rat lung sections using Anti-S1PR1 (EDG1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-011), (1:100). Staining is present in vascular smooth muscle (black arrows) but not in the muscular layer of bronchi (red arrows). Hematoxilin is used as the counterstain.
- Expression of Sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor 1 in mouse 3T3 cellsCell surface detection of Sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor 1 in mouse live 3T3 cells. A. Extracellular staining of cells using Anti-S1PR1 (EDG1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-011), (1:50), (red). B. DAPI is used for nuclear staining (blue). Merged image of A and B.
Lysophospholipids constitute a group of important lipid mediators; lysophosphatidic acid (LPA) a glycerolysophospholipid and sphingosine 1-phosphate (S1P), a lysosphingolipid. Sphingosine 1-phosphate is a bioactive lipid derived from metabolism of sphingomyelin1. Sphingosine 1-phosphate is implicated in the regulation of many cellular functions including proliferation, apoptosis, survival, adhesion, differentiation, and migration2. Sphingosine 1-phosphate exerts its activity through five distinct G-protein-coupled receptors, (also named endothelial differentiation gene receptors - EDG); S1PR1 (EDG-1), S1PR2 (EDG-5), S1PR3 (EDG-3), S1PR4 (EDG-6), and S1PR5 (EDG-8)3.
Sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor 1 (S1PR1) is ubiquitously expressed. S1PR1 mRNA is detected in the brain, heart, spleen, liver, lung, thymus, kidney, skeletal muscle and lymphoid tissues4. Knockout of the gene encoding S1PR1 is lethal and therefore makes in vivo studies difficult5.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-S1PR1 (EDG1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-011) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the human protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunohistochemistry, and immunocytochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize S1PR1 from human, rat, and mouse samples.
- Anti-S1PR1 (EDG1) (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#ASR-011-F). This FITC-conjugated antibody can be used to detect S1PR1 in live cell flow cytometry.