Cat #: L-156
Lyophilized Powder yes
Form Lyophilized powder.
Effective concentration 0.1-300 µM.
Chemical name 1-phenyl-3,3-bis(pyridin-4-ylmethyl)indolin-2-one dihydrochloride.
Molecular formula C26H23Cl2N3O.
CAS No.: 113168-57-3
PubChem CID 14209557
Activity Linopirdine blocks KCNQ channels with an IC50 of 2.4 μM for KV7.2/3 heteromers1.
- Aiken, S.P. et al. (2012) Br. J. Pharmacol. 115, 1163.
Shipping and storage Shipped at room temperature. Product as supplied can be stored intact at room temperature for several weeks. For longer periods, it should be stored at -20°C.
Solubility 100 mM in water. Centrifuge all product preparations before use (10000 x g for 1 min).
Storage of solutions Up to four weeks at 4°C or three months at -20°C.
- Alomone Labs Linopirdine dihydrochloride inhibits KCNQ2/KCNQ3 channels expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Time course of KCNQ2/KCNQ3 maximal current amplitude, elicited by 700 ms voltage step from holding potential of -100 mV to -20 mV, delivered every 10 seconds. Application of 300 µM Linopirdine dihydrochloride (#L-156) inhibits the KCNQ2/KCNQ3 current in a reversible manner (indicated by the horizontal bar). B. Representative current traces before and during application of 300 µM Linopirdine dihydrochloride as indicated.
References - Scientific background
- Wickenden, A.D. et al. (2008) Mol. Pharmacol. 73, 977.
- Schnee, M.E. and Brown, B.S. (1998) J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 286, 709.
- Aiken, S.P. et al. (1995) Br. J. Pharmacol. 115, 1163.
Scientific background KCNQ2 (KV7.2) and KCNQ3 (KV7.3) are voltage-gated K+ channel subunits that underlie the neuronal M current1. Linopirdine, a putative cognition enhancing drug, increases acetylcholine (ACh) release in rat brain tissue and improves performance in animal models of learning and memory. In addition to ACh, Linopirdine has been shown to enhance the in vitro release of dopamine and 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT), and, to a lesser extent, γ-aminobutyric acid and glutamate2. The enhanced release of one or more neurotransmitters may account for the activity linopirdine displays in behavioral models of learning and memory3. The mechanism whereby linopirdine enhances acetylcholine release has been proposed to involve inhibition of the M-type K+ current (IM). Linopirdine is selective for IM with an IC50 value of 2.4 μM2.
Target KCNQ K+ channels
Linopirdine dihydrochloride (#L-156) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
For research purposes only, not for human use
Last Update: 06/11/2022