Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Bachy, A. et al. (1993) Eur. J. Pharmacol. 237, 299.
- Alomone Labs SR 57227A activates 5-HT3A receptors expressed in HEK 293T cells.Currents were elicited by 1 or 10 µM SR 57227A (#S-155), as indicated. The currents that were elicited were comparable in amplitude to the cells responses to 10 µM 5-HT (not shown here).
SR 57227A is a compound with high affinity and selectivity for activating 5-HT3 receptors. It acts as an agonist for peripheral and central 5-HT3 receptors, both in vitro and in vivo, with IC50 values between 2.8 and 250 nM with no affinity for other subtypes of 5-HT.
SD 57227A has the ability to cross the blood brain barrier, unlike many 5-HT3 receptors. Thus, SR 57227A can be used as a useful tool for characterizing the neuropharmacological effects produced by the stimulation of 5-HT3 receptors1.
Some findings show that administration of SR 57227A can acutely induce and trigger movements and motor response in the hind limbs of adult paraplegic mice2.
Additional findings indicate that SR 57227A exhibits antidepressant-like activity in rodent and decrease isolation induced aggressive behavior3.
SR 57227A (#S-155) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-5HT3A Receptor (HTR3A) Antibody (#ASR-031)
- Anti-5HT3B Receptor (HTR3B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-032)
- Granisetron hydrochloride (#G-105)
- Tropisetron hydrochloride (#T-125)
- Ondansetron hydrochloride (#O-110)
- Azasetron hydrochloride (#Y-100)
- SDZ 205-557 hydrochloride (#S-145)
- VUF 10166 (#V-115)
- 3-AQC (#A-205)
- Etomidate (#E-200)
- Talipexole dihydrochloride (#B-140)
- m-Chlorophenylbiguanide hydrochloride (#M-160)
- Zacopride hydrochloride (#Z-110)