Cat #: STC-661
Alternative Name Mu-Conotoxin BuIIIB
Lyophilized Powder yes
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Origin Synthetic peptide
MW: 2764 Da
Purity: >98% (HPLC)
Form Lyophilized powder.
Effective concentration 1-20 nM.
Modifications Disulfide bonds between Cys5-Cys17, Cys6-Cys23, and Cys13-Cys24. Cys24 – C-terminal amidation.
Molecular formula C106H172N46O30S6.
Activity µ-Conotoxin BuIIIB is a selective NaV1.2, NaV1.3 and NaV1.4 blocker1.
- Wilson, M.J. et al.(2011) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 108, 10302.
Shipping and storage Shipped at room temperature. Product as supplied can be stored intact at room temperature for several weeks. For longer periods, it should be stored at -20°C.
Solubility Any other aqueous buffer. Centrifuge all product preparations before use (10000 x g 5 min).
Storage of solutions Up to two weeks at 4°C or three months at -20°C.
- Alomone Labs µ-Conotoxin BuIIIB inhibits NaV1.4 currents heterologously expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Time course of µ-Conotoxin BuIIIB (#STC-661) blocking action on NaV1.4 peak current amplitude. Maximum current amplitudes were plotted as a function of time. Membrane potential was held at -100 mV and cells were stimulated by a 100 ms voltage step to -20 mV. 20 nM µ-Conotoxin BuIIIB were perfused as indicated by the bar (green) during 150 sec. B. Superimposed examples of NaV1.4 channel current in the absence (control) and presence (green) of 20 nM µ-Conotoxin BuIIIB (taken from the experiment in A).
References - Scientific background
Scientific background μ-Conotoxin BuIIIB, is a peptide toxin originally isolated from Conus Bullatus (Bubble cone). It is characterized by a six-cysteine frame-work (-CC-C-C-CC-) cross-linked by three disulfide bridges. μ-Conotoxin BuIIIB was demonstrated to be a potent irreversible inhibitor of the NaV skeletal muscle subtype NaV1.4 heterologously expressed in Xenopus oocytes. 1 μM toxin was shown to block 96% of the channel1. In addition, μ-conotoxin BuIIIB potently blocks NaV1.3 expressed in oocytes, with an IC50 of 0.1 μM. NaV1.3 is involved in pain perception; therefore μ-conotoxin BuIIIB should serve as a valuable tool to evaluate the contribution of the NaV1.3 subtype to various pain states2,3.
Target NaV1.2, NaV1.3 and NaV1.4 Na+ channels
Peptide Content: 100%
Last update: 25/07/2021
µ-Conotoxin BuIIIB (#STC-661) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active peptide toxin.
For research purposes only, not for human use
- Anti-SCN4A (NaV1.4) Antibody (#ASC-020)
- Guinea pig Anti-SCN2A (NaV1.2) Antibody (#AGP-026)
- Anti-SCN3A (NaV1.3) Antibody (#ASC-004)
- µ-Conotoxin GIIIB (#C-270)
- µ-Conotoxin PIIIA (#STC-400)
- µ-Conotoxin SIIIA (#STC-450)
- BmKI Toxin (#STB-100)
- TTX-Sensitive NaV Channel Blocker Explorer Kit (#EK-105)
- TTX-Sensitive NaV Channel Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-224)
Shipping and Ordering information