This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Alomone Labs α-Bungarotoxin-FITC in whole mount staining of mice Gastrocnemius muscle.Whole mount staining of mouse Gastrocnemius muscle was stained with the neuromuscular junction marker α-Bungarotoxin-FITC (#B-100-F) at 3 µg/ml in PBS.
The image was taken using Nikon Epifluorescence microscopy at 60X magnification and is kindly provided by Dr. Eran Perlsson, Dept. of Physiology and Pharmacology, Tel-Aviv University, Tel-Aviv, Israel.Alomone Labs α-Bungarotoxin-FITC inhibits α7 nAChR heterologously expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Time course of α-Bungarotoxin-FITC (#B-100-F) action on α7 nAChR currents, elicited every 50 sec by transient 2 sec applications of 100 µM ACh + 0.3 μM PNU-120596, while membrane potential was held at -80 mV. Application of 0.5 µM α-Bungarotoxin-FITC significantly inhibits the currents (green). B. Superimposed traces of α7 nAChR currents in the absence (black) and presence (green) of 0.5 µM α-Bungarotoxin-FITC (taken from the experiment in A).
α-Bungarotoxin isoform A31 is a 74 amino acid peptidyl toxin isolated from the venom of the banded krait snake, Bungarus multicinctus1.
α-Bungarotoxin blocks postsynaptic neuromuscular transmission via competitive inhibition of nicotinic ACh receptors (nAChRs) with an IC50 of 3.5 x 10-10 M, thereby preventing the depolarizing action on postsynaptic membranes and blocking neuromuscular transmission2.
The toxin is selective for α7 receptors (IC50 value of 1.6 nM) and α3/β4 receptors (IC50 value of > 3 µM)3,4.
α-Bungarotoxin also binds to and blocks a subset of GABAA receptors (GABAARs) that contain the GABAAR β3 subunit. In particular, α-Bungarotoxin blocks GABAARs that contain interfaces between adjacent β3 subunits5.
α-Bungarotoxin-FITC (#B-100-F) is a highly pure, natural, and biologically active conjugated peptide toxin.
We gladly take on collaboration projects. Please Contact Us.
- α-Bungarotoxin (#B-100)
- α-Bungarotoxin-ATTO-488 (#B-100-AG)
- α-Bungarotoxin-Biotin (#B-100-B)
- α-Bungarotoxin-ATTO-633 (#B-100-FR)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α7 (CHRNA7) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-007)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α1 (CHRNA1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-001)
- Anti-GABA(A) α1 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-001)
- Anti-GABA(A) α6 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-004)
- Muscle-Type nAChR Basic Research Pack (#ESB-900)
- Muscle-Type nAChR Premium Research Pack (#ESP-900)
- Muscle-Type nAChR Deluxe Research Pack (#ESD-900)