This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
This lyophilized product is shipped at room temperature. Please see its certificate of analysis for further storage instructions.
2. Anti-GABA(A) α6 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the control peptide antigen.
GABA (γ-aminobutyric acid) is the major inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain. Its production, release, reuptake and metabolism occur in the nervous system.1
The GABA(A) R, is a heteropentamer, with all of its five subunits contributing to the pore formation.
To date, eight subunit isoforms were cloned: α, β, γ, δ, ε, π, θ, and ρ.1 Six α subunit isoforms were described to exist in mammals (α1-α6). The native GABA(A) receptor, in most cases, consists of 2α, 2β and 1γ subunit. The α subunit is the most common subunit and is expressed ubiquitously.
It determines the affinities for allosteric ligands shown by GABA(A)R.
A possible role for the GABA(A) receptors in alcohol action has been derived from animal studies, in vitro cell models and human research which suggested an important role for GABA(A) α6 along with β2, α1 and γ2, in alcohol related phenotypes.3
In Canavan disease (inherited leukodystrophy), low level of expression of GABA(A) α6 was reported.4
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an extracellular epitope of rat GABA(A) α6 Receptor. The Anti-GABA(A) α6 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-004) can be used in western blot analysis, immunohistochemical and live cell imaging applications. It has been designed to recognize GABA(A) α6 Receptor from rat, mouse and human samples.
- Anti-GABA(A) α1 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-001)
- Anti-GABA(A) α1 Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#AGA-001-AG)
- Anti-GABA(A) α2 Receptor Antibody (#AGA-002)
- Anti-GABA(A) α3 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-003)
- Anti-GABA(A) α4 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-008)
- Anti-GABA(A) α5 Receptor Antibody (#AGA-025)
- Anti-GABA(A) γ2 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-005)
- Anti-GABA(B) R1 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGB-001)
- Anti-GABA(B) R2 Antibody (#AGB-002)