This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Alomone Labs ADWX-1 inhibits KV1.3 currents heterologously expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Time course of ADWX-1 (#STW-100) blocking action on KV1.3 currents. Membrane potential was held at -80 mV and cells were stimulated by a 100 ms voltage ramp to +40 mV. 1 nM ADWX-1 was perfused as indicated by the bar (green) at +35 mV. B. Superimposed examples of KV1.3 channel current in the absence (control) and presence (green) of 1 nM ADWX-1 (taken from the experiment in A).
KV1.3 channel is an attractive pharmacological target for immunomodulation of T cell-mediated autoimmune diseases. ADWX-1 peptide is a potent and selective KV1.3 channel blocker. ADWX-1 peptide is a synthetic analog of the scorpion peptide BmKTx. This peptide is based on the natural BmKTX in which three important residues were mutated in a structure-modification strategy to enhance the KV1.3 channel selectivity1. ADWX-1 inhibits KV1.3 channels heterologously expressed in HEK-293 cells. ADWX-1 blocks KV1.3 currents with an IC50 of 0.0019 nM and displays specificity for KV1.3 over KV1.1 and KV1.2 (IC50 values are 0.65 nM).
ADWX-1 inhibits CD4+ CCR7- T-cell proliferation.
ADWX-1 is an interesting therapeutic candidate to treat auto-immune disorders such as multiple sclerosis, type-1 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis and psoriasis. This peptide is a valuable tool for studying the structure-function of KV1.3 channel and auto-immunity pathways2.
ADWX-1 (#STW-100) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active peptide toxin.
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-101)
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular)-Biotin Antibody (#APC-101-B)
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular)-PE Antibody (#APC-101-PE)
- Charybdotoxin (#STC-325)
- Kaliotoxin-1 (#STK-370)
- Hemitoxin (#STH-500)
- HsTx1 Toxin (#STH-300)
- Spinoxin (#STS-500)
- Stichodactyla Toxin-Biotin (#STS-400-B)
- Shaker (KV1) Channel Blocker Explorer Kit (#EK-107)