- Peptide (C)NKPTGYGSSIRR, corresponding to amino acid residues 74 - 85 of rat IGF1 (Accession P08025). Secreted.
- Western blot analysis with Anti-IGF1 antibody:
1, 4. Recombinant rat IGF-I protein (#I-200), 100 ng.
2, 5. Recombinant human IGF1, 100 ng.
3, 6. Recombinant human IGF2, 100 ng.
Lanes 1-3: Anti-IGF1 Antibody (#ANT-046), (1:200).
Lanes 4-6: Anti-IGF1 Antibody, preincubated with IGF1 Blocking Peptide (BLP-NT046).
Note that the antibody recognizes IGF1 (rat and human), but fails to recognize the closely related IGF2 protein.
- Expression of IGF1 in mouse hippocampus.Immunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen mouse brain sections with Anti-IGF1 Antibody (#ANT-046), (1:300), followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-488. A. Staining in the hippocampal CA1 region showed IGF1 immunoreactivity (green) in neuronal profiles (arrows). B. Pre-incubation of the antibody with IGF1 Blocking Peptide (BLP-NT046), suppressed staining. Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue).
- Expression of IGF1 in mouse parietal cortex.Immunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen mouse brain sections with Anti-IGF1 Antibody (#ANT-046), (1:300), followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-488. A. IGF1 immunoreactivity (green) appears in neuronal profiles (arrows). B. Pre-incubation of the antibody with IGF1 Blocking Peptide (BLP-NT046), suppressed staining. Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue).
- Laron Z (2001), Mol Pathol., 54, 311.
- Gubbi, et al (2018), J Mol Endocrinol. 61, T171.
- Wrigley, et al (2017), Cell. Neurosci. 11, 14.
- Aguirre, et al (2016), J Transl Med. 14, 3.
IGF-1 originally called somatomedin C is a 70-amino acid hormone with homology to IGF-2 and proinsulin. IGF-1 acts as an endocrine, paracrine, and autocrine hormone and is known as a mediator of prenatal and postnatal growth. IGF-1 is mainly synthesized in the liver and regulated by growth hormones (GH) in peripheral tissues such as muscle, cartilage, bone, kidney, nerves, skin, lungs, and the liver itself. The synthesized IGF-1 binds to IGF-1 binding proteins (IGFBPs) with high affinity, IGFBPs regulates the interactions of IGF-1 and its receptor (IGF-1R)1.
Binding of IGF-1 to his receptor results in autophosphorylation of the receptor leading to activation of the insulin receptor substrate 1 (IRS1) protein. The activated receptor contains several phosphotyrosine sites that serve as docking sites for many signaling proteins. The association of these proteins together start a complex signaling pathway including the canonical PI3-kinase and mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase pathways2.
The IGF-1 signaling pathway is a major regulator of the aging process, from rodents to humans3. IGF-1 deficiency follows an autosomal mode of transmission and different mutations can lead to either IGF-1 deletion or low levels of circulation IGF-1. Studies demonstrate IGF-1 deficit can lead to deregulated lipid metabolism, cardiovascular disease (CVD), diabetes, and altered metabolic profile of diabetic patients4.
Species reactivity key:
Widget not in any sidebars
Anti-IGF1 Antibody (#ANT-046) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the mature rat IGF1 protein. The antibody can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize IGF1 from rat, mouse and human samples. The antibody is specific for IGF1; it does not crossreact with IGF2.
- Anti-Ghrelin Receptor (GHSR) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGR-031)
- Anti-Human TNF Receptor I (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-041)
- Anti-Human Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor 2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-042)
- Anti-IGF1R (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-045)
- Anti-TSH Receptor (TSHR) (extracellular) Antibody (#ATR-006)