This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)KELVKNYNPLER, corresponding to amino acid residues 31-42 of rat nAChRα7 (Accession Q05941). Extracellular, N-terminus.
- Cell surface detection of nAChRα7 in live intact human Jurkat T cell leukemia cell line:___ Cells alone.
___ Cells + rabbit-IgG-Alexa-647.
___ Cells + Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α7 (CHRNA7) (extracellular)-ATTO-633 Antibody (#ANC-007-FR), (1:10).
- Albuquerque, E.X. et al (2009) Physiol. Rev. 89, 73.
- Karlin, A. et al. (1986) Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 463, 53.
- Kalamida, D. et al. (2007) FEBS J. 274, 3799.
- Fu, X.W. et al. (2009) Am. J. Respir. Mol. Biol. 41, 93.
- De Rosa, M.J. et al. (2009) Life Sci. 85, 449.
- Potter, D. et al. (2006) Schizophr. Bull. 32, 692.
Acetylcholine, released by cholinergic neurons, activates two groups of acetylcholine receptors (AChRs); muscarinic AChRs (mAChRs) which belong to the superfamily of G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs) and nicotinic AChRs (nAChRs) which belong to the ligand-gated ion channel superfamily. nAChRs also respond to nicotine, hence their name1. These channel receptors are usually non-selective cation channels activated upon ligand binding which ultimately leads to the depolarization of postsynaptic cell membranes.
To date, 17 different but related subunits of nAChRs have been identified and cloned. They consist of a subunits (α1-10), which is responsible for the binding of ligands. In fact, this subunit includes a Cys-loop in the first extracellular domain that is required for agonist binding2. The other subunits responsible for making up the active receptor are the β (β1-4), γ, δ and ε subunits3. Structurally, all subunits have the following: a conserved large extracellular N-terminal domain, 3 conserved transmembrane domains, a variable cytoplasmic loop and a fourth transmembrane domain with a short extracellular C-terminal domain. An active nAChR is generally a heteropentamer (homopentamers also exist) of these various subunits organized around a central pore1. However, the α7 subunit mainly forms homomeric functional structures, although functional channels have been observed with its association with α5, β2 or β3 subunits1.
Interestingly, the α7 nAChR is the only subunit to be activated by two endogenous ligands: acetylcholine and choline1. All α subunits are expressed in neuronal cells except for the α1 subunit which is specifically expressed in skeletal muscle. They are also expressed in non-neuronal cells such as bronchial epithelial cells4, as well lymphocytes5. The diversity of these receptors and their functional organization gives rise to unique properties and functions. The α4β2 receptor composition makes up a high affinity nicotinic receptor. In fact, its upregulation (mainly expressed by the increase of functional receptors at the membrane and not expression per se) is responsible for the increased appearance of binding sites following nicotine administration1,3.
α7 nAChR seems to be involved in the impairment of sensory gating in schizophrenic individuals. Indeed, many polyphormisms have been detected in the gene promoter of the receptor6. There is also an association of the receptor with nociception as it, along with α2 and α10 subunits are expressed in DRGs, the nociceptive center7.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α7 (CHRNA7) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-007) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunohistochemistry, immunocytochemistry, live cell imaging, and indirect flow cytometry applications. It has been designed to recognize nAChRα7 from mouse, rat, and human samples.
Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α7 (CHRNA7) (extracellular)-ATTO-633 Antibody (#ANC-007-FR) is directly labeled with an ATTO-633 fluorescent dye. ATTO dyes are characterized by strong absorption (high extinction coefficient), high fluorescence quantum yield, and high photo-stability. ATTO 633 has a maximum absorption at 629 nm and a maximum fluorescence at 657 nm. The fluorescence is excited most efficiently in the range 610 to 645 nm. This label is analogous to the well-known dyes Alexa 647, Alexa 633 and Cy5. Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α7 (CHRNA7) (extracellular)-ATTO-633 Antibody is especially suited for experiments requiring simultaneous labeling of different markers.
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α7 (CHRNA7) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-007), (for western blot analysis).
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α7 (CHRNA7) (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#ANC-007-F)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α1 (CHRNA1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-001)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α4 (CHRNA4) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-004)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α9 (CHRNA9) Antibody (#ANC-019)
- Anti-Lynx1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-021)