This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)HPTEDSLLSKGKMED, corresponding to amino acid residues 54-68 of rat RAMP2 (Accession Q9JHJ1). Extracellular, N-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat lung (lanes 1 and 4, 1:200), mouse heart (lanes 2 and 5, 1:200) and rat aortic endothelial cell (RAEC) (lanes 3 and 6, 1:400) lysates:1-3. Anti-RAMP2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ARR-022).
4-6. Anti-RAMP2 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.Western blot analysis of rat spleen (lanes 1 and 3) and cortex (lanes 2 and 4):1,2. Anti-RAMP2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ARR-022), (1:200).
3,4. Anti-RAMP2 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Cell surface detection of RAMP2 in live intact mouse J774 macrophage cells:___ Cells + goat anti-rabbit IgG-FITC antibody
___ Cells + Anti-RAMP2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ARR-022), (5 μg/0.5x106 cells).
RAMP2, also known as receptor activity modifying protein 2, is a single-pass transmembrane protein with extracellular N-terminus and intracellular C-terminal tail. RAMP2 heterodimerizes with several G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs) and alters their function and life cycle. RAMPs were first identified for the receptors association with calcitonin receptor-like receptor (Calcrl, CLR) as the canonical receptor for the endocrine peptide adrenomedullin (Adm, AM). In addition, RAMP2 also binds to other class B GPCRs: calcitonin receptor (Ctr), corticotrophin releasing hormone receptor 1 (Crhr1), glucagon receptor (Gcgr), parathyroid hormone receptor 1 (Pth1r), and vasoactive intestinal polypeptide receptor types 1 and 2 (VPAC1 and VPAC2). RAMPs have an important role in receptor trafficking, including translocation from the endoplasmic reticulum to the Golgi, internalization, and recycling of the receptors1,2.
The mammalian RAMP family includes three members, each encoded by single genes: RAMP1, RAMP2, and RAMP3. Studies have shown that Ramp2 null mice are embryonic lethal, with cardiovascular developmental defects in the heart, blood, and lymphatic vasculatures3.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-RAMP2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ARR-022) is a highly selective antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot and indirect live cell flow cytometry applications. It has been designed to recognize RAMP2 from mouse, and rat samples. It will not recognize RAMP2 from human samples.
- Anti-RAMP1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ARR-021)
- Anti-Calcitonin Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-053)
- Anti-VPAC1 (VIPR1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AVR-001)
- Anti-VPAC2 (VIPR2) (extracellular) Antibody (#AVR-002)
- Anti-PTH1R (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-051)
- Anti-Glucagon Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGR-024)
- Anti-CRF1/CRHR1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-050)
- Anti-CRF2/CRHR2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-052)