This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
This lyophilized product is shipped at room temperature. Please see its certificate of analysis for further storage instructions.
4-6. Anti-Vesicular GABA Transporter Antibody, preincubated with the control peptide antigen.
- Gasnier, B. (2004) Pflugers. Arch. 447, 756.
- McIntire, S. et al. (1997) Nature. 389, 870.
- Bedet, C. et al. (2000) J. Neurochem. 75, 1654.
- Chaudry, F. et al. (1998) J. Neurosci. 18, 9733.
- Dumoulin, A. et al. (1999) J. Cell. Sci. 112, 811.
- Takamori, S. et al. (2000) J. Neurosci. 20, 4904.
- Mayerhofer, A. et al. (2001) FASEB J. 15, 1089.
- Chessler, S. et al. (2002) Diabetes. 51, 1763.
The superfamily of amino acid transporters includes SLC32, SLC36 and SLC38 families. SLC32 has only one family member, the vesicular inhibitory amino acid transporter (VIAAT) or vesicular GABA transporter (VGAT)1.
VGAT is responsible for the uptake of GABA and Glycine in exchange of protons, and their release from nerve terminals1.
The transporter is organized into ten membrane spanning domains, a cytosolic N-terminus and a luminal C-terminal tail2. In many regions in the brain, where it is expressed, it is found constitutively phosphorylated, although the biological significance is currently unknown3.
VGAT is expressed on synaptic vesicles of GABAergic and glycinergic neurons4-6. The transporter is also detected in the pituitary gland and in the pancreas7,8.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-Vesicular GABA Transporter Antibody (#AGT-005) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunohistochemistry, and immunocytochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize VGAT from human, mouse, and rat samples.
Antibodies for immuno-colocalization experiments
- Anti-Vesicular GABA Transporter-ATTO-594 Antibody (#AGT-005-AR). A fluorescent labeled primary antibody. It can be used in immuno-colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit.
- Guinea pig Anti-Vesicular GABA Transporter Antibody (#AGP-129)
- Anti-Betaine/GABA Transporter 1 (BGT-1) Antibody (#AGT-004)
- Anti-GABA Transporter 1 (GAT-1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGT-001)
- Anti-GABA Transporter 2 (GAT-2) Antibody (#AGT-002)
- Anti-GABA Transporter 3 (GAT-3) Antibody (#AGT-003)
- Anti-Vesicular Acetylcholine Transporter (VAChT) Antibody (#ACT-003)
- Activators/Agonists: small molecules