- Peptide (C)KPKESARQDEGKED, corresponding to amino acid residues 205-218 of rat GAP43 (Accession P07936). C-terminus.
GAP43 Blocking Peptide (#BLP-NR016)
- Western blot analysis of mouse brain membranes (lanes 1 and 3) and rat brain membranes (lanes 2 and 4):1, 2. Guinea Pig Anti-GAP43 Antibody (#ANR-016-GP), (1:400).
3, 4. Guinea Pig Anti-GAP43 Antibody, preincubated with GAP43 Blocking Peptide (#BLP-NR016).
- Western blot analysis of human SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cell line lysate:1. Guinea Pig Anti-GAP43 Antibody (#ANR-016-GP), (1:400).
2. Guinea Pig Anti-GAP43 Antibody, preincubated with GAP43 Blocking Peptide (#BLP-NR016).
- Expression of GAP43 in rat hippocampus.Immunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen rat brain sections with Guinea Pig Anti-GAP43 Antibody (#ANR-016-GP), (1:300), followed by goat anti-guinea pig - Alexa Fluor-594. A. Staining in the hippocampal dentate gyrus region, showed immunoreactivity (red) in the subgranular layer (arrows), over the granule layer (G) and over the outer molecular layer (OML). B. Pre-incubation of the antibody with GAP43 Blocking Peptide (#BLP-NR016), suppressed staining. Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue).
Growth associated protein 43 (GAP43) is a neuron specific phosphoprotein that plays an important role in the process of nerve growth, development, regeneration and axonal remodeling. GAP43 belongs to the calmodulin-binding protein family and is highly distributed in the presynaptic membrane1.
GAP43 is expressed in developing neurons, especially in the growth cone. In mature neurons, GAP43 is detected in regenerating nerves. In brain injury, neurons exhibit sprouting of the lateral branches and responsive regeneration of the axon accompanied by increased expression of GAP43. GAP43 expression is used as an important tool for evaluating axon injury and the regenerative response in the mature central nervous system (CNS)1,2.
Species reactivity key:
Widget not in any sidebars
Guinea Pig Anti-GAP43 Antibody (#ANR-016-GP) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize GAP43 from mouse, rat and human samples.
The antigen used to immunize guinea pigs is the same as Anti-GAP43 Antibody (#ANR-016) raised in rabbit. Our line of guinea pig antibodies enables more flexibility with our products such as multiplex staining studies, immunoprecipitation and more.
- Anti-Alpha-Synuclein Antibody (#APZ-035)
- Anti-CD56/NCAM1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-041)
- Anti-GAP43 Antibody (#ANR-016)
- Anti-GFAP Antibody (#AFP-001)
- Anti-IQGAP1 Antibody (#APZ-055)
- Anti-N-Cadherin Antibody (#ANR-082)
- Anti-N-Cadherin-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#ANR-082-AR)
- Anti-RIM1 Antibody (#AIP-014)