This product has recently been released.
This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
The activity of this product has been verified and approved by our professional team.
This lyophilized product is shipped at room temperature. Please see its certificate of analysis for further storage instructions.
This vial contains 100% net peptide content.
MmTX1 (Micrurotoxin 1) is a peptide toxin originally isolated from Micrurus mipartitus (Red-tailed coral snake) venom. The toxin is an allosteric modulator of γ-aminobutyric acid type A receptors (GABA(A)) and tightly binds to GABA(A) receptors at subnanomolar concentrations. MmTX1 allosterically increases GABA(A) receptor susceptibility to agonistic actions, thereby potentiating receptor opening and desensitization by interacting with the α+/β−interface, a benzodiazepine-like binding site1. MmTX1 may be a priceless tool in evoking seizures for testing novel antiepileptic drugs or as lead molecules for designing therapeutics that modulate GABAA receptor activity1.
(GABAA) receptors belong to the cys-loop pentameric ligand-gated ion channel family. These receptors are major inhibitory neurotransmitter receptors in the brain and in the mammalian central nervous system and are responsible for the mediation of GABA action, a major inhibitory neurotransmitter, through the central nervous system2.
MmTX1 (#STM-550) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active peptide toxin.
- Anti-GABA(A) α1 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-001)
- Guinea pig Anti-GABA(A) α1 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGP-083)
- Muscimol hydrobromide (#M-240)
- Anti-GABA(A) γ2 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-005)
- Anti-GABA(A) ε Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-015)
- Picrotoxin (#P-325)
- (+)-Bicuculline (#B-135)
- (-)-Bicuculline methochloride (#B-137)
- GABA(A)-compound 1b (#CMG-004)
- Gabazine hydrobromide (#G-216)
- SJM-3 (#S-215)
- Diazepam (#D-215)
- AA 29504 (#A-370)