This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Alomone Labs Picrotoxin inhibits GABA(A) receptors expressed in Xenopus oocytes.Representative time course of GABA(A) α1/β2 current, activated by a continuous application (top dotted line) of 0.1 µM γ-aminobutyric acid (#G-110), and inhibited by 10 µM Picrotoxin (#P-325), as indicated (bar), at a holding potential of -60 mV.
Picrotoxin (PTX) is a plant-derived alkaloid that originally showed to be a noncompetitive antagonist of GABA(A) receptors. Later it was discovered that picrotoxin inhibits other anion-selective ligand-gated anion channels including glycine and 5-hydroxytryptamine type 3 (5-HT3) receptors. Inhibition by picrotoxin is likely in a noncompetitive, use-facilitated manner through binding to the channel pore of the receptor1,2.
5-HT3 receptor is a member of the cys-loop superfamily of ligand-gated ion channels (LGICs) that includes nicotinic acetylcholine receptors, GABAA, glycine receptors, glutamate and purinergic receptors1,2.
Picrotoxin (#P-325) is a highly pure, natural, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-GABA(A) α1 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-001)
- Guinea pig Anti-GABA(A) α1 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGP-083)
- Anti-GABA(A) α2 Receptor Antibody (#AGA-002)
- Anti-Glycine Receptor α1 Antibody (#AGR-001)
- Anti-Glycine Receptor α3 Antibody (#AGR-003)
- Anti-5HT3B Receptor (HTR3B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-032)