- Lyophilized Powder Lyophilized Powder
This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
- Antigen Incl. Control Antigen Included
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Bioassay Tested Bioassay Tested
This antibody has undergone quality control and has been approved by our professional team.
- QC Tested QC Tested
The activity of this product has been verified and approved by our professional team.
- Shipped at Room Temp. Shipped at Room Temp.
This lyophilized product is shipped at room temperature. Please see its certificate of analysis for further storage instructions.
- Live Cell Imaging Live Cell Imaging
This product has been tested in living cells.
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer the NMDA Receptor 2B Basic Research Pack (#ESB-750). The Research Pack contains all you need for NMDA research: NR2B-specific antibody and NMDA receptor modulators all in one economical package!
The NMDA receptors are encoded by seven genes: one NMDAR1 (or NR1) subunit, four NR2 (NR2A-NR2D) and two NR3 (NR3A-NR3B) subunits. The functional NMDA receptor appears to be a heterotetramer composed of two NMDAR1 and two NMDAR2 subunits. Whereas the NMDAR2 subunits that assemble with the NMDAR1 subunit can be either of the same kind (i.e. two NMDAR2A subunits) or different (one NMDAR2A with one NMDAR2B). NMDAR3 subunits can substitute the NMDAR2 subunits in their complex with the NMDAR1 subunit.
The NMDAR is unique among ligand-gated ion channels in that it requires the simultaneous binding of two obligatory agonists: glycine and glutamate that bind to the NMDAR1 and NMDAR2 binding sites respectively. Another unique characteristic of the NMDA receptors is their dependence on membrane potential. At resting membrane potentials the channels are blocked by extracellular Mg2+. Neuronal depolarization relieves the Mg2+ blockage and allows ion influx into the cells. NMDA receptors are strongly selective for Ca2+ influx differing from the other glutamate receptor ion channels that are non-selective cation channels.
Ca2+ entry through the NMDAR regulates numerous downstream signaling pathways including long term potentiation (a molecular model of memory) and synaptic plasticity that may underlie learning. In addition, the NMDA receptors have been implicated in a variety of neurological disorders including epilepsy, ischemic brain damage, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease.
NMDA receptors expression and function are modulated by a variety of factors including receptor trafficking to the synapses and internalization as well as phosphorylation and interaction with other intracellular proteins.
- NMDA Receptor 2B Premium Research Pack (#ESP-750)
- NMDA Receptor 2B Deluxe Research Pack (#ESD-750)
- Anti-NMDA Receptor 2B (GluN2B) (extracellular)-ATTO-594 Antibody (#AGC-003-AR)
- (RS)-(Tetrazol-5-yl)glycine (#T-205)
- 7-Chlorokynurenic acid (#C-285)
- Ifenprodil (+)-tartrate salt (hemitartrate salt) (#I-105)
- PEAQX tetrasodium hydrate (#P-255)
- NMDA Receptor Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-214)
- NMDA Receptor Antagonist Explorer Kit (#EK-350)