This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)REAMRKLLGHQVGHR, corresponding to amino acid residues 256-270 of rat CaBP1 (Accession O88751). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat (lanes 1 and 3) and mouse (lanes 2 and 4) brain membranes:1,2. Anti-CaBP1 Antibody (#ACS-002), (1:600).
3,4. Anti-CaBP1 Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
Neuronal Ca2+-binding proteins (CaBP1-5) are a subclass of the calmodulin (CaM) superfamily that regulates specific Ca2+ channel targets in the brain and retina. Multiple isoforms of CaBPs are localized in different neuronal cell types and perform specialized roles in sensory transduction and disease processes1.
CaBP1–5 proteins have four EF hands that form pairs within the N lobe (EF1 and 2) and C lobe (EF3 and 4). The two lobes are structurally independent and connected by a flexible linker. Whereas all four EF hands bind Ca2+ in CaM, EF2 in CaBP1 does not bind Ca2+, and EF1 has reduced selectivity for Ca2+ over Mg2+. EF3 and EF4 in the C lobe of CaBP1 exhibit canonical Ca2+-induced conformational changes2. CaBP-target interactions induce functional changes distinct from those caused by CaM and may diversify neuronal responses to Ca2+ signals. CaBPs interact with and reshape the functional properties of certain voltage-gated Ca2+ channels (CaVs)3.
CaBP1 is the best characterized family member and has been shown to regulate inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate receptors (IP3Rs), P/Q-type voltage-gated Ca2+ channels, L-type Ca2+ channels, and the transient receptor potential channel (TRPC5)4. CaBP1 regulates the currents of CaV1 and CaV2 channels in neurons, photoreceptors, and auditory hair cells. CaBP interactions with CaV1 channels may be required for hearing and vision, as mutations that disrupt these interactions cause blindness and deafness5.
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of rat Calcium-binding protein 1. Anti-CaBP1 Antibody (#ACS-002) can be used in western blot analysis. It has been designed to recognize CaBP1 from rat, mouse and human samples.
- Anti-CaBP2 Antibody (#ACS-003)
- Anti-CaBP4 Antibody (#ACS-004)
- Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-003)
- Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#ACC-003-AG)
- Guinea pig Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#AGP-001)
- Anti-Human CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-022)
- Anti-CaV1.2a (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-013)
- Anti-CACNA1A (CaV2.1) Antibody (#ACC-001)
- Anti-IP3 Receptor-1 (ITPR1) Antibody (#ACC-019)
- Anti-TRPC5 Antibody (#ACC-020)
- Anti-NCS1-ATTO-594 Antibody (#ACS-001-AR)