This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide VNENTRMYIPEENHQ(C), corresponding to amino acid residues 2-15 of human CaV1.2 (exon 1B) (Accession Q13936). Intracellular, N-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat heart membranes:1. Anti-Human-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-022), (1:200).
2. Anti-Human-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Mouse cortex, hippocampus, and cerebellum lysates (1:200) (White, J.A. et al. (2008) Learn. Mem. 15, 1.).
- Rat nodose ganglion neurons in culture (1:15) (Pamidimukkala, J. and Hay, M. (2004) Brain Res. 1006, 215.).
All L-type calcium channels are encoded by one of the CaV1 channel genes. These channels play a major role as a Ca2+ entry pathway in skeletal, cardiac and smooth muscles as well as in neurons, endocrine cells and possibly in non-excitable cells such as hematopoetic and epithelial cells. All CaV1 channels are influenced by dihydropyridines (DHP) and are also referred to as DHP receptors.
While the CaV1.1 and CaV1.4 isoforms are expressed in restricted tissues (skeletal muscle and retina, respectively), the expression of CaV1.2 is ubiquitous and CaV1.3 channels are found in the heart, brain and pancreas. Several peptidyl toxins are described that are specific L-type channel blockers, but so far no selective blocker for one of the CaV1 isoforms have been described. These include the Mamba toxins Calcicludine (#SPC-650), Calciseptine (#C-500) and FS-2 (#F-700).
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of human CaV1.2 channel. Anti-Human CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-022) can be used in western blot and immunocytochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize CaV1.2 from mouse, rat and human samples.
- Anti-CaV1.2a (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-013).
This antibody recognizes the CaV1.2a splice variant and thus can also be used as a control for detecting CaV1.2.
- Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-003).
This antibody recognizes a different epitope and thus can also be used as a control for detecting CaV1.2.
- CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Channel Overexpressed Membrane Fractions Antibody (#LX-104).
The CaV1.2 overexpressed membrane fractions enables end users to check the expression of endogenous CaV1.2 as opposed to a tagged version and serves as a positive control for testing the expression of the channel and a quick way to test the antibody.
- CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Channel Antibody and Membrane Fractions Kit (#LK-104A).
This kit includes the CaV1.2 overexpressed membrane fractions and Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-003).
- Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#ACC-003-AG).
A fluorescent labeled primary antibody. It can be used in immuno-colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit.
- Guinea pig Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#AGP-001) is raised in guinea pig and can be used in immuno-colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit. This antibody has been raised against the same epitope as that of #ACC-003.