- Peptide RNTNESGEEVTTFFD(C), corresponding to amino acid residues 11-25 of human CCR2 (Accession P41597). Extracellular, N-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of human acute monocytic leukemia THP-1 (lanes 1 and 3) and human promyelocytic leukemia HL-60 (lanes 2 and 4) cell line lysates:1, 2. Anti-Human CCR2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-022), (1:1500).
3, 4. Anti-Human CCR2 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with Human CCR2 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (#BLP-CR022).
- Cell surface detection of CCR2 in live intact human THP-1 monocytic leukemia cells:___ Cells.
___ Cells + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
___ Cells + Anti-Human CCR2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-022) (2.5 μg/5x105 cells) + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
CC chemokine receptor 2 (CCR2) is one of 19 members of the chemokine receptor subfamily of class A G-protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs).
CCR2 is expressed in monocytes, immature dendritic cells, and T-cell subpopulations, and mediates acute inflammation by driving leukocyte migration to damaged or infected tissues towards chemokine ligands such as CCL2. Elevated expression of chemokines and their receptors such as CCR2 and its ligands can contribute to chronic inflammation and malignancy and hence these molecules are implicated in numerous inflammatory and neurodegenerative diseases including atherosclerosis, multiple sclerosis, asthma, neuropathic pain, and diabetic nephropathy, as well as cancer. These disease associations have motivated numerous studies in search of therapies that target the CCR2-chemokine axis1,2.
As with most G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs), chemokine receptors transmit signals across cell membranes by means of extracellular ligand and intracellular G-protein binding. CCR2 has seven transmembrane alpha helixes, and can take distinct conformational states that are necessary for chemokine/ligand binding, G-protein binding, activation, inactivation, and signal transmission3.
CCR2 can form homo- or heterodimers with other chemokine receptors. Homodimerization may be necessary for CCR2 chemotactic activity and occurs in the absence of the ligand. CCR2/CCR5 heterocomplexes activate calcium response and support cell adhesion rather than chemotaxis, whereas CCR2/CCR4 heterodimers have an allosteric trans-inhibitory effect on CCL2 binding2.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-Human CCR2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-022) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the human protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, indirect live cell flow cytometry applications. It has been designed to recognize CCR2 from human samples only. The antibody will not recognize CCR2 from mouse and rat samples.
- Anti-Human CCR5 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-025)
- Anti-Human CCR3 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-023)
- Anti-CCR7 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-027)
- Anti-CCR9 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-029)
- CC Chemokine Receptor Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-670)
- CXC Chemokine Receptor Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-671)