- New New
This product has recently been released.
This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)HGKVEKYMSFHNMSD, corresponding to amino acid residues 160-174 of human GPR55 (Accession Q9Y2T6). 2nd extracellular loop.
- Western blot analysis of human NK-92MI natural killer cell (lanes 1 and 3) (1:500) and human acute monocytic leukemia THP-1 cell (lanes 2 and 4) (1:200) lysates:1, 2. Anti-Human GPR55 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-061).
3, 4. Anti-Human GPR55 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Western blot analysis of human ovary adenocarcinoma OVCAR-3 cell (lanes 5 and 7) and human pancreatic carcinoma PANC-1 cell (lanes 6 and 8) lysates:5, 6. Anti-Human GPR55 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-061), (1:1000).
7, 8. Anti-Human GPR55 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Western blot analysis of human HMC3 microglia cell (lanes 9 and 11) (1:500) and human chronic myelogenous leukemia MEG-O1 cell (lanes 10 and 12) (1:200) lysates:9, 10. Anti-Human GPR55 (extracellular) Antibody, (#ACR-061).
11, 12. Anti-Human GPR55 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Cell surface detection of GPR55 in live intact human THP-1 monocytic leukemia cells:___ Cells.
___ Cells + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
___ Cells + Anti-Human GPR55 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-061), (2.5 μg/5x105 cells) + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
GPR55 is an endocannabinoid receptor that belongs to group δ of the rhodopsin-like (class A) receptors. Like all other G-protein coupled receptors, it consists of seven trans-membrane helixes, intracellular C-terminal domain and extracellular N-terminal extension1.
The other known cannabinoid receptors, CB1 and CB2 share low homology with GPR55 and have different ligand specificity and different downstream activated cascade. Thus, GPR55 consists on its own a class of cannabinoid receptor2.
GPR55 is highly expressed in the striatum and binds a wide range of ligands, among which are endocannabinoids: Anadanine and 2-Arachidonoyl Glycerol, and phytocannabinoids: Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), abnormal cannabinoid (CBD) and cannabidiol3. Following ligand binding, GPR55 couples to Gα12,13 proteins, which eventually lead to increased intracellular Ca2+ levels2.
The endocannabinoid system has a tremendous potential for experimental and clinical research, based on their evolutionary conservation and role in fundamental physiological and pathological processes, including pain modulation, immune function, neuroprotection, cancer, cardiovascular diseases, fertility and appetite4. Clinical studies using cannabinoid receptor agonists and antagonists have suggested their possible use in modulating acute and/or chronic diseases such as hypertension, glaucoma, emesis, anxiety, depression, gastrointestinal and hepatic disorders, ulcerative colitis and neuropathic and inflammatory pain5.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-Human GPR55 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-061) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the human protein. The antibody can be used in western blot and live cell flow cytometry applications. It has been designed to recognize GPR55 from human samples only.