This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
This lyophilized product is shipped at room temperature. Please see its certificate of analysis for further storage instructions.
3,4. Anti-P2X1 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the control peptide antigen.
___ Cells + Anti-P2X1 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-022), (10 µg antibody/1x106 cells).
- Prasad, M. et al. (2001) J. Physiol. 537, 667.
- Florenzano, F. et al. (2002) Neuroscience 115, 425.
- Ashcroft, F.M. et al. (2000) Ion Channels and Disease Ed 1, p. 405, Academic Press, San Diego.
- Khakh, B.S. et al. (2001) Pharmacol. Rev. 53, 107.
- Ding, Y. et al. (2000) J. Auton. Nerv. Syst. 81, 289.
- Lê, K.T. et al. (1998) J. Neurosci. 18, 7152.
- Robertson, S.J. et al. (2001) Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 11, 378.
- Dunn, P.M. et al. (2001) Prog. Neurobiol. 65, 107.
- Kim, M. et al. (2001) EMBO J. 20, 6347.
- Burnstock, G. (2001) Trends Pharmacol. Sci. 22, 182.
- Oury, C. et al. (2003) Blood 101, 3969.
The P2X receptors belong to the ligand-gated ion channel family and are activated by extracellular ATP.
The structure and function of the P2X receptors, investigated mainly using in vitro models, indicate their involvement in synaptic communication, cell death, and differentiation.
Seven mammalian P2X receptor subtypes (P2X1–P2X7) have been identified and cloned1-3. All P2X receptor subtypes share the same structure of intracellular N- and C-termini two membrane-spanning domains and a large extracellular loop.
All P2X receptor subtypes can assemble to form homomeric or heteromeric functional channels with the exception of P2X6, which only seems to function as part of a heteromeric complex4-9.
The various P2X receptor subtypes show distinct expression patterns. P2X1-6 have been found in the central and peripheral nervous systems, while the P2X7 receptor is predominantly found in cells of the immune system4. The P2X1 receptor is present in smooth muscle, cerebellum, dorsal horn spinal neurons, and platelets where it is suggested to play a regulatory role during in vivo homeostasis and thrombosis3,4,10,11.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-P2X1 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-022) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the human protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunocytochemistry, immunohistochemistry, and indirect flow cytometry applications. It has been designed to recognize P2X1 receptor from rat, mouse, and human samples.
- Human eosinophils.
Wright, A. et al. (2016) J. Immunol. 196, 4877.
Products for control experiments
- Anti-P2X1 Receptor Antibody (#APR-001). This antibody recognizes a different epitope and thus can also be used as a control for detecting P2X1.
Antibodies for immuno-colocalization experiments
- Anti-P2X1 Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#APR-022-AG). A fluorescent primary antibody. It can be used in immuno-colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit.
- Anti-P2X1 Receptor (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#APR-022-F)
- Anti-P2X2 Receptor Antibody (#APR-003)
- Anti-P2X2 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-025)
- Anti-P2X3 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-026)
- Anti-P2X6 Receptor Antibody (#APR-013)
- Anti-P2X7 Receptor Antibody (#APR-004)
- Anti-P2X7 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-008)
- Blockers/Antagonists: small molecules