This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
0.1 EU per 1 µg of the protein by the LAL method & lyophilized from a 0.2 µm filtered solution.
BSA (0.1 mg/ml) should be added for more diluted solutions. Centrifuge all product preparations before use (10000 x g 5 min). Repeated freezing/thawing might result in loss of activity.
- Alomone Labs Recombinant human Neurotrophin-4 (NT-4) protein induces activation of ERK1/2 MAPK in TrkB transfected HEK-293 cells.Cells were serum starved for 2 h, preincubated with or without 200 nM K252a (#K-150) as indicated and then stimulated with various concentrations of Recombinant human Neurotrophin-4 (NT-4) protein (#N-270). Cell proteins were resolved by SDS-PAGE and probed with anti-phospho-ERK1/2.
- 1. Roux, P. et al. (2002) Prog. Neurobiol. 67, 203.
- 2. Moalem, G. et al. (2000) J. Autoimmun. 15, 331.
- 3. Marconi, A. et al. (2003) J. Invest. Dermatol. 121, 1515.
- 4. McDonald, N.Q. et al. (1991) Nature 354, 411.
- 5. DeFazio, R.A. et al. (2000) Neuroscience 99, 297.
- 6. Belluardo, N. et al. (2001) Mol. Cell Neurosci. 18, 56.
- 7. Spalding, K.L. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell Neurosci. 19, 485.
- 8. Lobner, D. and Ali, C. (2002) Brain Res. 954, 42.
- 9. Teng, K.K. and Hempstead, B.L. (2004) Cell Mol. Life Sci. 61, 35.
The neurotrophins ("neuro" means nerve and "trophe" means nutrient) are a family of soluble, basic growth factors which regulate neuronal development, maintenance, survival and death in the CNS and PNS.1
Neurotrophin-4 (NT-4) is expressed in neurons of the superior cervical, stellate and celiac ganglion,2 T-cells3 and is synthesized by keratinocytes.4
The structural hallmark of all the neurotrophins is the characteristic arrangement of the disulfide bridges known as the cysteine knot, which has been found in other growth factors such as PDGF.5
The rat and human forms of NT-4 are 96% homologous. NT-4 has been shown to promote dendritic outgrowth and calcium currents in cultured mesencephalic dopamine neurons,6 to promote growth and remodeling of adult motor neuron innervation,7 to be anterograde survival factors for postsynaptic cells8 and to protect against apoptotic neuronal death.9
The biological effects of NT-4 are mediated by two receptors: TrkB which is specific for NT-4 and BDNF, and p75NTR which binds all the neurotrophins.10
Recombinant human Neurotrophin-4 (NT-4) protein (#N-270) is a highly pure, recombinant, and biologically active protein.
- Anti-Neurotrophin 4 (NT-4) Antibody (#ANT-004)
- Anti-Neurotrophin 3 (NT-3) Antibody (#ANT-003)
- Anti-proNT-3 Antibody (#ANT-012)
- Anti-p75 NGF Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-007)
- Anti-p75 NGF Receptor (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#ANT-007-F)
- Anti-p75 NGF Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO-550 Antibody (#ANT-007-AO)
- Explorer kits