Alomone Labs is pleased to offer the KCa2 Channel Modulator Explorer Kit (#EK-122). The Explorer Kit contains KCa2 blockers and openers ideal for screening purposes.
KCa2 channels are extremely sensitive to the levels of intracellular Ca2+ and concentrations as low as 300-700 nM can open these channels very rapidly (5-15 ms). Hence, the KCa2 channels are highly sensitive and fast Ca2+ sensors, resembling other known Ca2+-binding proteins. This type of Ca2+-dependent activation is achieved by the constitutive binding of the KCa2 channels to calmodulin, a highly expressed Ca2+-binding protein via a calmodulin-binding domain situated at the cytoplasmic C-terminus.
Pharmacologically, the KCa2 channels are the only known targets of the bee venom toxin Apamin, with KCa2.1 being the less sensitive, KCa2.2 the most sensitive and KCa2.3 showing intermediate sensitivity.
- Anti-KCNN1 (KCa2.1, SK1) Antibody (#APC-039)
- Anti-KCNN2 (KCa2.2, SK2) Antibody (#APC-028)
- Guinea pig Anti-KCNN2 (KCa2.2, SK2) Antibody (#AGP-045)
- Anti-KCNN3 (KCa2.3, SK3) (N-term) Antibody (#APC-025)
- Anti-KCNN3 (KCa2.3, SK3) (N-term)-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#APC-025-AR)
- Anti-KCNN3 (KCa2.3, SK3) (C-term) Antibody (#APC-103)
- Apamin-Biotin (#STA-200-B)
- SK (Non-BKCa) Channel Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-218)