Cat #: SPA-125
This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Origin Synthetic peptide
MW: 796 Da.
Purity: ≥98% (HPLC)
Effective concentration 1-10 µM.
Molecular formula C39H61N11O7.
CAS No.: 358738-77-9.
Activity An Angiotensin II Receptor Agonist1.
- Yamada, Y. et al. (2008) Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem. 72, 257.
Shipping and storage Shipped at room temperature. Product as supplied can be stored intact at room temperature for several weeks. For longer periods, it should be stored at -20°C.
Solubility Soluble in water. Centrifuge all product preparations before use (10000 x g 5 min).
Storage of solutions Up to four weeks at 4°C or three months at -20°C.
- Alomone Labs Novokinin activates AT1R expressed in CHO-K1-mt Aequorin-Gα16 cells.Ca2+ response was detected by measuring aequorin-derived fluorescence following application of Novokinin (#SPA-125) and Angiotensin II (#GPA-100) at different concentrations. 10 nM Angiotensin II activates ~100% of the AT1R, 1 mM Novokinin activates ~110% of the AT1R.
References - Scientific background
Scientific background Novokinin is a potent hypotensive peptide with high affinity (Ki=7.35 µM) as an agonist for angiotensin II (Ang II) receptors. Novokinin was designed based on a structure of ovokinin, a vasorelaxing peptide derivative of ovalbumin. Novokinin was shown to have vasorelaxing activity in the mesenteric artery isolated from spontaneously hypertensive rats. It has the ability to reduce systolic blood pressure after oral administration1. Studies show that orally and intracerebroventricularly administration of novokinin has the ability to suppress food intake in mice2. In addition, the compound demonstrates inhibitory antinociceptive effects of morphine in mice3.
Target Angiotensin II receptors
Net Peptide Content: 100%
Last update: 24/01/2020
Novokinin (#SPA-125) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active peptide.
For research purposes only, not for human use
- Anti-Angiotensin II Receptor Type-1 (extracellular) Antibody (#AAR-011)
- Anti-Angiotensin II Receptor Type-1 (extracellular)-ATTO-550 Antibody (#AAR-011-AO)
- Anti-Angiotensin II Receptor Type-1 (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#AAR-011-F)
- Anti-Angiotensin II Receptor Type-2 (extracellular) Antibody (#AAR-012)
- Anti-Angiotensin II Receptor Type-2 (extracellular)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#AAR-012-AG)
Blockers/Antagonists: small molecules
Explorer kits & Research packs
Shipping and Ordering information