This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)EQLTKETEGGNHS, corresponding to amino acid residues 215-227 of rat CaV1.3 (Accession P27732). 2nd extracellular loop, repeat I.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain (lanes 1 and 4), mouse brain (lanes 2 and 5) and C6 (lanes 3 and 6) lysates:1-3. Anti-CaV1.3 (CACNA1D) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-311), (1:200).
4-6. Anti-CaV1.3 (CACNA1D) (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Expression of CaV1.3 in rat DRGImmunohistochemical staining of adult rat dorsal root ganglion (DRG) using Anti-CaV1.3 (CACNA1D) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-311). A. CaV1.3 labeling (red) appears in the cell bodies of the DRG. B. Nuclear staining using DAPI as the counterstain. C. Merged image of A and B.
- Expression of CaV1.3 in rat PC12 cellsCell surface detection of CaV1.3 in intact living rat pheochromocytoma (PC12) cells. A. Extracellular staining of cells using Anti-CaV1.3 (CACNA1D) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-311), (1:50), (red). B. Merge of A with the live view of the cell.
All L-type calcium channels are encoded by one of the CaV1 channel genes. These channels play a major role as a Ca2+ entry pathway in skeletal cardiac and smooth muscles as well as in neurons, endocrine cells and possibly in non-excitable cells such as hematopoetic and epithelial cells. All CaV1 channels are influenced by dihydropyridines (DHP) and are also referred to as DHP receptors. While the CaV1.1 and CaV1.4 isoforms are expressed in restricted tissues (skeletal muscle and retina, respectively), the expression of CaV1.2 is ubiquitous.1,2
The CaV1.3 channels are also expressed, as are other L-type channels, in neurons and neuroendocrine cells. However, accumulated data has shown the expression of CaV1.3 in heart and suggests that it plays a major role in the generation of cardiac pacemaker activity.3,4
Several peptidyl toxins have been described that are specific L-type channel blockers. These include the Mamba toxins Calcicludine (#SPC-650), Calciseptine (#C-500) and FS-2 (#F-700). So far no selective blocker for one of the CaV1 isoforms has been described.
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an extracellular epitope of the rat protein. Anti-CaV1.3 (CACNA1D) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-311) can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry and live cell imaging applications. It is specially suited to detect CaV1.3 channel in live cells. It has been designed to recognize CaV1.3 from mouse, rat and human samples.
- Guinea pig Anti-CaV1.3 (CACNA1D) Antibody (#AGP-061)
- Anti-CaV1.1 (CACNA1S) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-314)
- Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-003)
- Anti-CACNA2D2 (CaVα2δ2) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-102)
- Anti-CACNG6 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-112)
- Anti-CaBP1 Antibody (#ACS-002)
- Anti-Shank1 Antibody (#APZ-011)