This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
- Expression of KCNN4 in live intact human LNCaP prostate carcinoma cellsCell surface detection (green) of KCNN4 in live intact human LNCaP prostate carcinoma cells with Mouse Anti-KCNN4 (KCa3.1, SK4) (extracellular)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#ALM-051-AG), (1:15) (A). B. Live view of the cells. C. Merge of the two images.
KCa3.1 (KCNN4, SK4) is a member of the Ca2+ activated K+ channel family that shares the characteristic of being activated by intracellular Ca2+. The channel has an intermediate conductance, is voltage insensitive and is activated by Ca2+ in the submicromolar range. The channel has a similar topology to that of KV channels, that is, six transmembrane domains and intracellular N- and C-termini.
KCa3.1 is widely expressed in epithelial, endothelial and cells of hematopoietic origin. In erythrocytes (red blood cells) it has been identified as the molecular correlate of the so-called Gardos channel.
The functional role of the channel is to set the cell membrane potential at negative values so as to aid in the electrochemical transport of other ions such as Cl- and Ca2+. Indeed, KCa3.1 has a key role in sustaining the Ca2+ influx in activated T lymphocytes and in regulating Cl- secretion from colon epithelium. Therefore, specific blockers of the KCa3.1 channel have been proposed for the treatment of several diseases including autoimmune diseases, secretory diarrhea and sickle cell anemia.
Species reactivity key:
Mouse Anti-KCNN4 (KCa3.1, SK4) (extracellular) Antibody (#ALM-051) is a highly specific monoclonal antibody directed against an epitope of the human channel. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunocytochemistry, immunohistochemistry, and indirect flow cytometry applications. It has been designed to recognize KCNN4 from human, rat, and mouse samples.
Mouse Anti-KCNN4 (KCa3.1, SK4) (extracellular)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#ALM-051-AG) is directly labeled with an ATTO-488 fluorescent dye. ATTO dyes are characterized by strong absorption (high extinction coefficient), high fluorescence quantum yield, and high photo-stability. The ATTO-488 label is analogous to the well known dye fluorescein isothiocyanate (FITC) and can be used with filters typically used to detect FITC. Mouse Anti-KCNN4 (KCa3.1, SK4) (extracellular)-ATTO-488 Antibody has been tested in live cell imaging applications and is especially suited for experiments requiring simultaneous labeling of different markers.
- Mouse Anti-KCNN4 (KCa3.1, SK4) (extracellular) Antibody (#ALM-051), (for western blot analysis).
- Anti-KCNN4 (KCa3.1, SK4) Antibody (#APC-064). This antibody recognizes a different epitope and thus can also be used as a control for detecting KCNN4.
- Mouse Anti-KCNN4 (KCa3.1, SK4) (extracellular)-Biotin Antibody (#ALM-051-B). This mouse monoclonal antibody is conjugated to Biotin. It can be used in immuno-colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit.
- Mouse Anti-KCNN4 (KCa3.1, SK4) (extracellular)-Biotin Antibody (#ALM-051-B). This mouse monoclonal antibody is conjugated to Biotin. It recognizes an extracellular epitope and can be used to detect KCNN4 in live cells.