This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
This lyophilized product is shipped at room temperature. Please see its certificate of analysis for further storage instructions.
3,4. Anti-proBDNF Antibody, preincubated with the control peptide antigen.
2. Recombinant human proNGF protein (#N-280), (200 ng).
3. Recombinant proNT-3 (200 ng).
4. Recombinant human BDNF protein (#B-250), (200 ng).
5. Native mouse NGF 2.5S protein (>95%) (#N-100), (200 ng).
6. Recombinant human Neurotrophin-3 (NT-3) protein (#N-260), (200 ng).
All neurotrophins are synthesized as preproneurotrophin precursors that are subsequently processed within the intracellular transport pathway to yield proneurotrophins that are further processed to generate the mature form. The mature form of BDNF is a non-covalent stable homodimer that can be secreted in both constitutive and regulated pathways.
Until recently, the functional role of the neurotrophin prodomains were thought to include assistance in the correct folding of the mature protein and the sorting of the neurotrophins into the constitutive or regulated secretory pathway. However, a growing body of evidence suggests that the uncleaved proneurotrophin precursors can be secreted from cells and that they may mediate different biological functions.
The functional importance of the prodomain of BDNF was recently demonstrated in a study showing that a polymorphism that replaces valine for methionine at position 66 of the prodomain, is associated with memory defects and abnormal hippocampal function in humans. Another recent study showed that the regulated extracellular cleavage of proBDNF to mature BDNF by plasmin is necessary for establishing late-phase long-term potentiation (L-LTP), a process that involves long-lasting changes in the structure and function of hippocampal synapses. Finally, proBDNF was shown to be decreased in the brains of patients suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.
Mature BDNF binds to the specific tyrosine kinase receptor TrkB and to p75NTR, a member of the TNF receptor superfamily. proBDNF can similarly bind both receptors although it appears to have a greater affinity for the p75NTR receptor.
Species reactivity key:
Expression of proBDNF in mouse prefrontal brain cortex.Western blot analysis of mouse prefrontal brain cortex lysates using Anti-proBDNF Antibody (#ANT-006). proBDNF expression shown in control mice and mice treated with metamphetamine (METH).Adapted from Ren, Q. et al. (2015) Transl. Psychiatry 5, e666. with permission of SPRINGER NATURE.
Anti-proBDNF Antibody (#ANT-006) is a highly specific antibody directed against the prodomain region of human proBDNF. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunoprecipitation, and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize proBDNF from human, mouse, and rat samples. The antibody does not cross react with mature BDNF, pro- and mature NGF or mature NT-3.
- Rat hippocampal neurons.
Danelon, V. et al. (2016) Mol. Cell. Neurosci. 75, 81.
- de la Cruz-Morcillo, M.A. et al. (2016) Oncotarget 7, 34480.
- Dieni, S. et al. (2012) J. Cell Biol. 196, 775.
- Shulga, A. et al. (2012) J. Neurosci. 32, 1757.
- Aboulkassim, T. et al. (2011) Mol. Pharmacol. 80, 498.
- Akil, H. et al. (2011) PLoS One. 6, e25097.
- Andersen, O.A. et al. (2010) J. Biol. Chem. 285, 12210.
- Unsain, N. et al. (2009) J. Neurochem 111, 428.
- Fauchais, A-L. et al. (2008) J. Immunol. 181, 3027.
- Silhol, M. et al. (2008) Rejuven. Res. 11, 1031.
- Unsain, N. et al. (2008) Neuroscience 154, 978.
- Schnydrig, S. et al. (2007) Neurosci. Lett. 429, 69.
- Silhol, M. et al. (2007) Neuroscience 146, 962.
- Tan, J. and Shepherd, R.K. (2006) Am. J. Pathol. 169, 528.
Antibodies for immuno-colocalization experiments
- Anti-proBDNF-ATTO-488 Antibody (#ANT-006-AG). A fluorescent labeled primary antibody. It can be used in immuno-colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit.
- Guinea pig Anti-proBDNF Antibody (#AGP-032) is raised in guinea pig and can be used in immuno-colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit. This antibody has been raised against the same epitope as #ANT-006.
- Recombinant human proBDNF protein (#B-257)
- Recombinant human proBDNF (cleavage resistant) protein (#B-256)
- human proBDNF-Biotin (#B-256-B)
- Recombinant human Val66Met proBDNF protein (#B-457)
- Recombinant human Val66Met proBDNF (cleavage resistant) protein (#B-456)
- Recombinant mouse proBDNF protein (#B-240)
- Recombinant mouse proBDNF (cleavage resistant) protein (#B-243)
- Recombinant human BDNF proDomain protein (#B-245)
Explorer kitsResearch packs