Alomone Labs is pleased to offer the GABA(A) α Receptor Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-228). This Explorer Kit includes antibodies targeting GABA(A) α receptors along with their respective peptide control antigen. An ideal tool for screening purposes.
|Product Name||Cat #||Size|
|AGA-001||1 x 50 µl|
|AGP-083||1 x 50 µl|
|AGA-002||1 x 50 µl|
|AGA-003||1 x 50 µl|
|AGA-008||1 x 50 µl|
|AGA-025||1 x 50 µl|
|AGA-004||1 x 50 µl|
GABA (γ-aminobutyric acid) is the major inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain. Its production, release, reuptake, and metabolism all occur in the nervous system1.
The GABA transmitter interacts with two major types of receptors: ionotropic GABAA receptors (GABAAR) and metabotropic receptors (GABABR). GABAARs belong to the ligand-gated ion channel superfamily2. GABA inhibits the activity of signal-receiving neurons by interacting with the GABAA receptor on these cells3. Binding of GABA to its GABAA receptor results in conformational changes that open a Cl- channel, producing an increase in membrane conductance that results in inhibition of neural activity2.
GABAARs are heteropentamers, in which all five subunits contribute to pore formation. To date, eight subunit isoforms have been cloned: α, β, γ, δ, ε, π, θ, and ρ1. Six α subunit isoforms have been found to exist in mammals (α1-α6). In most cases, native GABAA receptors consist of 2α, 2β, and 1δ subunits. The α subunit is the most common and is expressed ubiquitously. It determines the affinities of GABAARs for allosteric ligands.
- γ-Aminobutyric acid (#G-110)
- Ivermectin (#I-110)
- (+)-Bicuculline (#B-135)
- α-Bungarotoxin (#B-100)
- α-Bungarotoxin-Biotin (#B-100-B)
- α-Bungarotoxin-ATTO Fluor-488 (#B-100-AG)
- Anti-GABA(A) α1 Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-488 Antibody (#AGA-001-AG)
- GABA(A) Receptor Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-229)
- GABA(A) Receptor Modulator Explorer Kit (#EK-360)
- GABA(A) α1 Receptor Basic Research Pack (#ESB-800)
- GABA(A) α1 Receptor Premium Research Pack (#ESP-800)
- GABA(A) α1 Receptor Deluxe Research Pack (#ESD-800)