Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Tao, H. et al. (2016) Toxicon 124, 8.
- Alomone Labs Jingzhaotoxin XI blocks KV2.1 channels expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Representative time course of Jingzhaotoxin XI (#STJ-400) inhibition of KV2.1 current. Membrane potential was held at -80 mV, current was elicited by a 300 ms voltage step to +10 mV every 10 sec, and inhibited by 0.1 µM and 1 µM Jingzhaotoxin XI, applied as indicated by horizontal bars. B. Superimposed traces of KV2.1 current after the application of control, 0.1 µM and 1 µM Jingzhaotoxin XI (taken from experiment in A).
- Alomone Labs Jingzhaotoxin XI blocks NaV1.5 channels expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Representative time course of Jingzhaotoxin XI (#STJ-400) inhibition of NaV1.5 current. Membrane potential was held at -100 mV, current was elicited by a 100 ms voltage ramp to +40 mV every 10 sec, and inhibited significantly by 1 µM Jingzhaotoxin XI. B. Superimposed traces of NaV1.5 current following the application of control and of 1 µM Jingzhaotoxin XI (taken from experiment in A).
Jingzhaotoxin XI (JzTx-XI) is a 34-residue peptide toxin originally isolated from the Chinese tarantula Chilobrachys jingzhao venom. Jingzhaotoxin XI toxin can potently inhibit both voltage-gated Na+ channel NaV1.5 with an IC50 value of 124 ± 26 nM and voltage-gated K+ channel KV2.1 with an IC50 value of 390 ± 60 nM1,2,3.
The mature toxin contains six cysteine residues linked through disulfide bridges and a hydrophobic patch surrounded by charged residues such as Arg or Lys. Jingzhaotoxin XI is a useful tool for investigating the promiscuity of spider toxins2.
KV2.1 channels play an important role in neuronal systems including the neural retina. The channel’s functions include regulation of neuronal excitability and neural transmitter release4.
NaV1.5 channels are important in generating and propagating action potentials in excitable cells, in working myocardium and cardiac tissue conduction cells5.
Jingzhaotoxin XI (#STJ-400) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active peptide toxin.
- Anti-NaV1.5 (SCN5A) (493-511) Antibody (#ASC-005)
- Anti-NaV1.5 (SCN5A) (1978-2016) Antibody (#ASC-013)
- Guinea pig Anti-NaV1.5 (SCN5A) Antibody (#AGP-008)
- Anti-KV2.1 Antibody (#APC-012)
- Guinea pig Anti-KV2.1 Antibody (#AGP-109)
- Guangxitoxin-1E (#STG-200)
- Stromatoxin-1 (#STS-350)
- ProTx-I (#STP-400)
- Jingzhaotoxin-II (#STJ-150)
- Jingzhaotoxin-III (#STJ-200)
- Jingzhaotoxin-XII (#STJ-100)
- BmKI Toxin (#STB-100)