Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Huen, M.S. et al. (2003) Biochem. Pharmacol. 66, 125.
- Alomone Labs Oroxylin A inhibits specific binding of Flunitrazepam to rat brain GABA(A) receptors.Percent inhibition of the specific binding of 1 nM [3H]Flunitrazepam to membranes from whole rat brain (except cerebellum) was plotted against concentrations of Oroxylin A (#O-160), (green circles) and of Diazepam (assay standard, black squares) and used to calculate IC50 and Ki values for Oroxylin A (IC50 ≈ 1.19 μM, and Ki ≈ 0.97 μM).
Oroxylin A, also called 6-Methoxybaicalein, is an antagonist at the benzodiazepine site of the GABA(A) receptors.
Oroxylin A is an active O-methylated flavone compound that was originally isolated from the medicinal plant Scutellaria baicalensis. Oroxylin A was shown to have multiple functions, including anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer and anti-thrombotic activities. In addition, it has dopamine reuptake inhibitor activity and an inhibitory effect on nuclear factor-κB activation. The compound was used to treat pulmonary infection in Korea, China, and Japan1,2.
GABA(A) receptors are members of the Cys-loop superfamily of ligand-gated ion channels. They mediate GABA action, a major inhibitory neurotransmitter, through the central nervous system. The GABAA receptor is considered to be a major target of antiseizure drugs3.
Oroxylin A (#O-160) is a highly pure, natural, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-GABA(A) α1 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-001)
- Anti-GABA(A) α1 Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-488 Antibody (#AGA-001-AG)
- Anti-GABA(A) α2 Receptor Antibody (#AGA-002)
- Anti-GABA(A) α3 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-003)
- GABA(A) Receptor Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-229)
- α-Asarone (#A-260)
- (+)-Bicuculline (#B-135)
- Bilobalide (#B-145)
- α-Bungarotoxin (#B-100)
- Flumazenil (#F-145)
- Ganaxolone (#G-120)
- Amentoflavone (#A-165)
- Waglerin-1 (#STW-001)
- GABA(A) Receptor Modulator Explorer Kit (#EK-360)
- Zolpidem (#Z-100)
- Muscimol hydrobromide (#M-240)
- Chlormethiazole hydrochloride (#C-360)
- Lorazepam (#L-230)
- Zaleplon (#Z-140)
- GABA(A) Receptor Antagonist Explorer Kit (#EK-420)
- GABA(A) Receptor Agonist Explorer Kit (#EK-425)