Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Ohlstein, E.H. et al. (1994) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 91, 8052.
- Alomone Labs SB209670 inhibits ETA receptor-mediated Ca2+ mobilization in CHO cells.Dose response curve of SB209670 (#S-205) inhibition of ET-A receptor-mediated, Endothelin-1-evoked Ca2+ mobilization. IC50 was determined at 0.91 nM. Cells were loaded with Calcium 6 dye, incubated with SB209670, and stimulated with 15 nM Endothelin-1 (EC80). Changes in intracellular Ca2+ levels were detected as changes in maximum relative fluorescence (RLU) using FLIPRTETRA™.
SB209670 is a nonpeptide synthetic compound that acts as a potent and specific antagonist of endothelin A (ET-A) and B (ET-B) receptors. Intravenous or intraduodenal administration of SB209670 can produce concentration-dependent inhibition of ET-1-mediated vasoconstriction in isolated vascular tissues. Studies on hypertensive rats show that SB209670 produces a dose-dependent decrease in blood pressure. In a gerbil stroke model SB209670 is protective in ischemia-induced neuronal degeneration. Thus, SB209670 can be used as a useful tool in characterizing and classifying the physiological and pathophysiological roles of Endothelin receptors1.
ET-A receptors are predominantly expressed in peripheral tissues, especially in vascular smooth muscle tissues where they mediate vasoconstriction. They are also present in several different regions of the brain. ET-B receptors play an important role in regulating renal function and blood pressure and are expressed in sensory nerves. They are mainly present in medium- and large-sized cell bodies of human trigeminal ganglia.
ET-A receptor has high affinity for endothelin-1 and endothelin-2 and relatively low affinity for endothelin-3, while the ET-B receptor has high affinity equally for all endothelin isopeptides2,3.
SB209670 (#S-205) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-Endothelin Receptor A Antibody (#AER-001)
- Anti-Endothelin Receptor B Antibody (#AER-002)
- Guinea pig Anti-Endothelin Receptor B Antibody (#AGP-037)
- Endothelin Receptor Agonist Explorer Kit (#EK-255)
- Sarafotoxin S6b (#SPE-160)
- BQ-3020 (#SPE-200)
- IRL-1620 (#SPE-220)
- [Ala1,3,11,15] Endothelin-1 (#SPE-240)
- IRL 2500 (#I-190)
- ACT-132577 (#A-350)
- A-192621 (#A-360)
- BQ788 (#B-175)
- BQ788 sodium salt (#B-176)
- Ro46-8443 (#R-185)
- Avosentan (#A-355)
- Atrasentan (#A-455)
- Bosentan hydrate (#B-170)
- BQ-123 trifluoroacetate (#B-186)
- BMS 182874 hydrochloride (#B-500)
- Darusentan (#D-265)
- FR 139317 (#F-180)
- PD-156707 (#P-305)
- PD-164333 (#P-310)
- Endothelin Receptor Antagonist Explorer Kit (#EK-256)
- Endothelin Receptor Pharmacology Explorer Kit (#EK-257)