Cat #: STA-420
Alternative Name Potassium channel toxin α-KTx 3.2, AgTx-2, AgTx2, Agitoxin 2
This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Origin Synthetic peptide
MW: 4091 Da.
Purity: >98% (HPLC)
Effective concentration 50 pM - 10 nM.
Modifications Disulfide bonds between Cys8-Cys28, Cys14-Cys33, and Cys18-Cys35.
Molecular formula C169H278N54O48S8.
CAS No.: 168147-41-9.
Activity Agitoxin-2 is a blocker of Shaker voltage-gated K+ channels as well as the mammalian homologues of Shaker.
Shipping and storage Shipped at room temperature. Product as supplied can be stored intact at room temperature for several weeks. For longer periods, it should be stored at -20°C.
Solubility Any other aqueous buffer. Centrifuge all product preparations before use (10000 x g 5 min).
Storage of solutions Up to two week at 4°C or three months at -20°C.
- Alomone Labs Agitoxin-2 inhibits KV1.3 currents heterologously expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Time course of Agitoxin-2 (#STA-420) action on KV1.3 currents. Maximum current amplitudes at +50 mV were plotted as a function of time. Membrane potential was held at –80 mV and cells were stimulated by a 150 ms voltage ramp to +50 mV. 1 nM Agitoxin-2 was perfused as indicated by the bar (green) during 150 sec. B. Superimposed examples of KV1.3 channel current in the absence (control) and presence (green) of 1 nM Agitoxin-2 (taken from the experiment in A).
- Native Agitoxin-2 was originally isolated from the venom of the Israeli scorpion L. quinquestriatus hebraeus.1 Agitoxin-2 inhibited the native KV1.3-like current in cultured microglia by 72% at 5 nM and KV1.3 in MLS-9 cells by 87%.2 Agitoxin-2 is a potent blocker of the Shaker voltage-gated K+-channels as well as the mammalian homologues of Shaker.1
Target KV1.3 K+ channels
Net Peptide Content: 100%
Last update: 13/11/2019
Agitoxin-2 (#STA-420) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active peptide toxin.
For research purposes only, not for human use
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) Antibody (#APC-002)
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-101)
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular)-Biotin Antibody (#APC-101-B)
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#APC-101-F)
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular)-PE Antibody (#APC-101-PE)
- Guinea pig Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGP-005)