This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Watanabe, T. et al. (2005) Hypertension 45, 163.
- Alomone Labs Angiotensin II Acetate activates AT1R expressed in CHO-K1-mt Aequorin-Gα16 cells.Ca2+ response was detected by measuring aequorin-derived fluorescence following application of Angiotensin II Acetate (#SPA-165).
Angiotensin II (Ang II) is a natural ligand and a potent angiotensin type 1 and 2 (AT2R and AT1R) receptor agonist. It is important for maintaining normal regulation of cardiovascular function. Ang II is a primary effector peptide of the renin-angiotensin system (RAS) in a variety of tissues and is a major target for blood pressure lowering drugs. Ang II is also responsible for the release of catecholamines from the adrenal medulla and from dopaminergic neurons in the central nervous system1.
Angiotensin I is metabolized to the vasoconstricting octapeptide angiotensin II by a circulating converting enzyme (ACE) by removal of two C-terminal residues.
Several studies have suggested that increased levels of Ang II in the blood flow may cause endothelial cell dysfunction during the pathogenesis of conditions such as atherosclerosis and hypertension2.
Angiotensin II acetate (#SPA-165) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active peptide.
- Anti-Angiotensin II Receptor Type-1 (extracellular) Antibody (#AAR-011)
- Anti-Angiotensin II Receptor Type-1 (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#AAR-011-F)
- Anti-Angiotensin II Receptor Type-2 (extracellular) Antibody (#AAR-012)
- Anti-Angiotensin II Receptor Type-2 (extracellular)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#AAR-012-AG)