- Peptide KKSLNGQPGSGDWRRC, corresponding to amino acid residues 251-266 of rat 5-Hydroxytryptamine receptor 1A (Accession P19327). 3rd intracellular loop.
- Western blot analysis of mouse (lanes 1 and 3) and rat (lanes 2 and 4) brain membranes:1,2. Anti-5HT1A Receptor (HTR1A) Antibody (#ASR-021), (1:200).
3,4. Anti-5HT1A Receptor (HTR1A) Antibody, preincubated with 5HT1A Receptor/HTR1A Blocking Peptide (#BLP-SR021).
- Expression of 5-Hydroxytryptamine receptor 1A in rat cerebellumImmunohistochemical staining of rat cerebellum frozen section using Anti-5HT1A Receptor (HTR1A) Antibody (#ASR-021), (1:100). 5-HT1A is expressed in Purkinje cells (red). Hoechst 33342 is used as the counterstain.
- Fink, K.B. and Gothert, M. (2007) Pharmacol. Rev. 59, 360.
- Hoyer, D. et al. (1994) Pharmacol. Rev. 46, 157.
- Dabire, H. (1991) Therapie 46, 421.
Serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine, 5-HT1) is an important neurotransmitter in the central nervous system (CNS) that exerts its neuronal activity via 5-HT receptors.
5-HT receptors are subdivided into seven families termed 5-HT1 through 5-HT7.1 The 5-HT receptor families belong to the G-protein coupled receptor superfamily with the exception of 5-HT3 receptor class which belongs to the ligand-gated ion channels.2
The 5-HT1 receptor class comprises of five different receptors (5-HT1A, 5-HT1B, 5-HT1D, 5-HT1E and 5-HT1F) which share 41-63% overall sequence identity and couple preferentially to Gi/Go to inhibit cAMP formation.2
The 5-HT1A receptor is the most widespread of all the 5-HT receptors. In the CNS, 5-HT1A receptors exist in the cerebral cortex, hippocampus, septum, amygdala and raphe nucelus in high densities, and was also demonstrated in a variety of tissues from various species.2,3
Activation of 5-HT1A receptor decreases blood pressure and heart rate, and is involved in learning, memory, relieving anxiety and depression.1,4
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an intracellular epitope of the rat 5-Hydroxytryptamine receptor 1A. Anti-5HT1A Receptor (HTR1A) Antibody (#ASR-021) can be used for western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize 5HT1A receptor from rat and mouse samples.
- Anti-5HT1B Receptor (HTR1B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-022)
- Anti-5HT1B Receptor (HTR1B) (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-488 Antibody (#ASR-022-AG)
- Anti-5HT1D Receptor (HTR1D) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-023)
- Anti-5HT2A Receptor (HTR2A) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-033)
- Anti-5HT3A Receptor (HTR3A) Antibody (#ASR-031)
- Anti-5HT3B Receptor (HTR3B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-032)
- Anti-5HT4 Receptor (HTR4) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-036)