This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide SSHHEPRGSISKDC, corresponding to amino acid residues 372-385 of rat DRD1 (Accession P18901). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of mouse (lanes 1 and 3) and rat (lanes 2 and 4) brain lysates:1,2. Anti-D1 Dopamine Receptor Antibody (#ADR-001), (1:200).
3,4. Anti-D1 Dopamine Receptor Antibody, preincubated with the control peptide antigen.
- Expression of DRD1 in rat cortexImmunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen brain sections with Anti-D1 Dopamine Receptor Antibody (#ADR-001), (1:100), (green). A. DRD1 appears in the soma and dendrites of cortical pyramidal neurons in layer 5. B. The same section was stained for Calbindin D28k (red), a marker of interneurons. C. Merging of the two images demonstrates that localization of DRD1 is restricted to pyramidal neurons. DAPI is used as the counterstain.
- Expression of DRD1 in rat striatumImmunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen brain sections with Anti-D1 Dopamine Receptor Antibody (#ADR-001), (1:100), (green). A. DRD1 appears in the striatal matrix (star). B. The same section was stained for Calbindin D28k (red), a marker of interneurons. C. Merging of the two images demonstrates that localization of DRD1 is restricted to the matrix. DAPI is used as the counterstain.
The D1 dopamine receptor (D1 receptor, DRD1) is one of five receptors that mediate the effects of the catecholamine neurotransmitter dopamine. Dopamine regulates a variety of functions including locomotor activity, emotion, positive reinforcement, food intake, and hormone secretion. The dopaminergic system has been extensively studied in the last thirty years mainly because its dysregulation has been linked to several neurological and neuropsychiatric diseases including Parkinson’s disease and Schizophrenia1.
All five dopamine receptors belong to the 7-transmembrane domain, G-protein coupled receptor (GPCR) superfamily.
Historically, the five receptors have been divided into two subfamilies based on pharmacological and structural considerations: the D1-like subfamily (that includes the D1 and D5 subtypes) and the D2-like subfamily (that includes the D2-, D3- and D4 subtypes)1.
The D1-like receptors are coupled to Gs-type G proteins and enhance adenylate cyclase activity while the D2-like receptors are coupled to Gi-type G proteins and inhibit adenylate cyclase activity1.
The D1 receptor is widely distributed throughout the brain with the highest expression in the cerebral cortex and striatum. In the periphery the D1 receptor has been detected in the adrenal cortex, kidney and heart.
Functionally, the D1 receptor has been implicated in the regulation of both locomotor and cognitive functions including the maintaining of spontaneous motor behaviors, the control of working memory and cognition as well as the regulation of craving and reward pathways.
In addition, the D1 receptor plays an important role in the pathogenesis of hypertension by regulating epithelial Na+ transport and by interacting with vasoactive hormones/humoral factors, such as aldosterone and angiotensin1,2.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-D1 Dopamine Receptor Antibody (#ADR-001) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize DRD1 from rat, mouse, and human samples.
- Rat colon lysate.
Li, Y. et al. (2019) Am. J. Physiol. 316, C393.
- Mouse artery sections.
Crockett, S.L. et al. (2019) Pediatr. Res. 87, 991.
- Guinea pig Anti-D1 Dopamine Receptor Antibody (#AGP-100) is raised in guinea pig and can be used in immuno-colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit. This antibody has been raised against the same epitope as #ADR-001.
- Anti-D2 Dopamine Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#ADR-002)
- Anti-D2 Dopamine Receptor (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#ADR-002-F)
- Anti-D3 Dopamine Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#ADR-003)
- Anti-D4 Dopamine Receptor Antibody (#ADR-004)
- Anti-D5 Dopamine Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#ADR-005)
- Anti-DARPP32 Antibody (#ADR-006)
- Anti-Dopamine Transporter (DAT) (extracellular) Antibody (#AMT-003)
- Anti-Gamma-Synuclein Antibody (#APZ-037)
- Anti-MANF/ARMET Antibody (#ANT-028)
- Anti-MANF/ARMET-ATTO-594 Antibody (#ANT-028-AR)