- Peptide CSALYPEDTVYSWRH, corresponding to amino acid residues 183-197 of human CCR3 (Accession P51677). 2nd Extracellular loop.
- Western blot analysis of human malignant melanoma cell line Malme-3M (lanes 1 and 3) and human monocytic leukemia THP-1 cell line (lanes 2 and 4) lysates:1,2. Anti-Human CCR3 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-023), (1:200).
3,4. Anti-Human CCR3 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with Human CCR3 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (#BLP-CR023).
- Cell surface detection of CCR3 in live intact human Jurkat T cell leukemia cells:___ Cells.
___ Cells + goat-anti-rabbit-Alexa-488.
___ Cells + Anti-Human CCR3 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-023), (5 µg/1x106 cells) + goat-anti-rabbit-Alexa-488.
- The blocking peptide is not suitable for this application.
CCR3 (C-C chemokine receptor type 3) is a seven transmembrane G-protein coupled receptor (GPCR) that acts as a key regulator in the homeostasis of the immune system. The receptor is responsible for recruiting eosinophils to local inflammatory tissues.
CCR3 is the endogenous receptor for Eotaxin, C-C motif chemokine 11 (CCL11). The binding between CCR3 and CCL11 activates G-protein-dependent signaling pathways and thus enables the release of eosinophils progenitor cells and mature eosinophils to the affected tissue. Studies have shown that deficiency in CCR3 protein may reduce the binding of Eotaxin and inhibition of phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase (PI3K) signaling pathway activation and the inactivation of its subunit PI3Kγ1. Other CCR3 ligands include CCL5, CCL24, CCL26, CCL8, CCL7, and CCL121.
CCR3 is linked to several type-I allergy diseases, including allergic rhinitis. In addition to CCR3 expression in eosinophils, CCR3 is also expressed in basophils, microglia, astrocytes and neurons in both the developing and adult brain1,2.
The expression of CCR3 increases following human immunodeficiency virus infection and in reactive microglia and astrocytes around the amyloid deposits in Alzheimer’s disease2.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-Human CCR3 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-023) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the human protein. The antibody can be used in western blot and indirect flow cytometry applications. It has been designed to recognize CCR3 from human samples only. The antibody will not recognize the receptor from mouse or rat samples.
- Anti-Human CCR5 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-025)
- Anti-CCR7 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-027)
- Anti-CCR9 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-029)
- Anti-Human CXCR1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-011)
- Anti-Human CX3CR1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-059)
- Anti-Human CCR2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-022)