- Peptide (C)EDPKGSDSENSVTKNPLRK, corresponding to amino acid residues 842-860 of rat KCNH5 (Accession Q9EPI9). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain membranes:1. Anti-KCNH5 (EAG-2) Antibody (#APC-053), (1:200).
2. Anti-KCNH5 (EAG-2) Antibody, preincubated with KCNH5/EAG-2 Blocking Peptide (#BLP-PC053).
- Rat retina (Jow, G.M. and Jeng, C.J. (2008) Neurosci. Lett. 431, 12.).
KV10.2 is a member of the Ether-a-go-go family of voltage-activated potassium channels. To date, the family includes eight members: the closely related KV10.1 protein, the KV12 (elk) (elk1, elk2, elk3) and the KV11 (erg) proteins (erg1, erg2, erg3).
The eag subfamily current is characterized by outward rectification without inactivation and slow activation kinetics. No specific pharmacological blocker has been described.
Tissue distribution of KV10.2 expression in rats is restricted to neuronal tissue with greater expression in the cortex and thalamus. In humans, KV10.2 mRNA was detected in heart and skeletal muscle in addition to brain. The physiological role of KV10.2 is currently unknown.
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an intracellular epitope of the rat KV10.2 channel. Anti-KCNH5 (EAG-2) Antibody (#APC-053) can be used for western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize KV10.2 from rat and human samples. The antibody is specific for KV10.2 and will not cross-react with KV10.1.
- Western blot and immunocytochemistry of rat hippocampus. Tested in Kv10.2 knockout rats.
Liu, Y. et al. (2020) Neurochem. Res. 45, 2949.