This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)EFTSIGRSR IMGLSE, corresponding to amino acid residues 446-460 of rat NaV1.7 (Accession O08562). Intracellular loop between domains I and II.
- Western blot analysis of rat DRG lysates:
1. Guinea pig Anti-NaV1.7 (SCN9A) Antibody (#AGP-057), (1:400).
2. Guinea pig Anti-NaV1.7 (SCN9A) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
Following a broad screen of secondary antibodies, the following was used for this application:
Western blot analysis:
#106-035-006 (Jackson ImmunoResearch).
Note: addition of 0.5% Tween-20 to the primary antibody solution may strengthen the signal and lower background.
- 1. Wu, L. et al. (2002) NeuroReport 13, 2547.
- 2. Fang, X. et al. (2002) J. Neurosci. 22, 7425.
- 3. Fjell, J. et al. (2000) NeuroReport 11, 199.
- 4. Baker, M.D. et al. (2001) Trends. Pharmacol. Sci. 22, 27.
- 5. Lai, J. et al. (2003) Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 13, 291.
- 6. Isom, L.L. (2001) Neuroscientist 7, 42.
- 7. Catterall, W.A. et al. (2003) Pharmacol. Rev. 55, 575.
- 8. Catterall, W.A. et al. (2005) Pharmacol. Rev. 57, 397.
- 9. Yang, Y. et al. (2004) J. Med. Genet. 41, 171.
- 10. Cummins, T.R. et al. (2004) J. Neurosci. 24, 8232.
- 11. Dray, A. (2008) Br. J. Anaesth. 101, 48.
Voltage-gated sodium channels (NaV) are essential for the generation of action potentials and for cell excitability1. NaV channels are activated in response to depolarization and selectively allow the flow of Na+ ions. To date, nine NaV α subunits have been cloned and named NaV1.1-NaV1.94-5. The NaV channels are classified into two groups according to their sensitivity to tetrodotoxin (TTX): TTX-sensitive (NaV1.1, NaV1.2, NaV1.3, NaV1.4, NaV1.6 and NaV1.7) and TTX-resistant (NaV1.5, NaV1.8 and NaV1.9)2-3.
Mammalian sodium channels are heterotrimers composed of a central, pore-forming α subunit and two auxiliary β subunits. The expression of the α subunit isoform is developmentally regulated and tissue specific. Na+ channels in the adult central nervous system and heart contain β1 through β4 subunits, whereas Na+ channels in adult skeletal muscle have only the β1 subunit6,8.
NaV1.7 is predominantly expressed in dorsal root ganglions (DRG) of the peripheral nervous system. Dominant gain of function mutations in the NaV1.7 gene are associated with erythermalgia (a rare autosomal disease characterized by sporadic burning pain accompanied by redness and heat in the extremities).9-11 Loss of function mutations in NaV1.7 channels leads to complete ablation of pain perception in humans.11 These recent findings highlight the role of this NaV isoform and the subset of DRG neurons that express this channel in physiological pain sensation.
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of rat NaV1.7 channel. Guinea pig Anti-NaV1.7 (SCN9A) Antibody (#AGP-057) raised in guinea pigs can be used in western blot analysis. It has been designed to recognize NaV1.7 from rat, human and mouse samples. The antigen used to immunize guinea pigs is the same as Anti-NaV1.7 (SCN9A) Antibody (#ASC-008) raised in rabbit. Our line of guinea pig antibodies enables more flexibility with our products such as immuno-colocalization studies, immunoprecipitation, etc.
- Anti-NaV1.7 (SCN9A)-ATTO-633 Antibody (#ASC-008-FR). A fluorescent labeled primary antibody. It can be used in immuno-colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit.
- Blockers/Antagonists: peptides/peptide toxinsBlockers/Antagonists: small molecules