This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide CNGDLSSLDVAKVKVHND, corresponding to amino acid residues 1748-1765 of rat NaV1.9 (Accession O88457). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat DRG lysates:1. Anti-SCN11A (NaV1.9) Antibody (#ASC-017), (1:200).
2. Anti-SCN11A (NaV1.9) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Expression of NaV1.9 in rat embryo DRGImmunohistochemical staining of formalin frozen rat embryo dorsal root ganglion (DRG) sections with Anti-SCN11A (NaV1.9) Antibody (#ASC-017). A. Cells within the DRG were stained (see solid line frame enlarged in B) as well as fibers and the area of entry of dorsal root into the spinal cord (see dashed line frame enlarged in C). DAPI is used as the counterstain.Human trigeminal ganglia and dental pulp (1:100) (Wells, J.E. et al. (2007) J. Endodontics 33, 1172.).
- Rat dorsal root ganglion (DRG) primary culture (1:500).
Voltage-gated Na+ channels (NaV) are essential for the generation of action potentials and for cell excitability.1 NaV channels are activated in response to depolarization and selectively allow flow of Na+ ions. To date, nine NaV α subunits have been cloned and named NaV1.1-1.9.2-3 Expression of the α subunit is developmentally and tissue specific.
The NaV channels are classified into two groups according to their sensitivity to tetrodotoxin (TTX): TTX-sensitive and TTX-resistant channels.4-5 TTX-resistant channels have been suggested to play an important role in nociceptive transmission. Two TTX-resistant NaV channels are expressed in dorsal root ganglion (DRG) neurons, NaV1.8 and NaV1.9. The NaV1.9 channel (also called SCN11A, NAN or SNS2) is preferentially expressed in small-diameter DRG neurons.4-5
Recently, it was shown that BDNF activates NaV1.9 channels in the hippocampus suggesting that its expression is not restricted to DRG alone.6
IF- Immunofluorescence, IHC- Immunohistochemistry, IP- Immunoprecipitation, LCI- Live cell imaging, N- Neutralization, WB- Western blot
Species reactivity key:
Anti-SCN11A (NaV1.9) Antibody (#ASC-017) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunocytochemistry, and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize NaV1.9 channel from rat, human, and mouse samples.
- Guinea pig Anti-SCN11A (NaV1.9) Antibody (#AGP-030) is raised in guinea pig and can be used in colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit. This antibody has been raised against the same epitope as #ASC-017.