This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
This lyophilized product is shipped at room temperature. Please see its certificate of analysis for further storage instructions.
4-6. Anti-NaVβ1 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the control peptide antigen.
- Wu, L. et al. (2002) NeuroReport 13, 2547.
- Baker, M.D. and Wood, J.N. (2001) Trends Pharmacol. Sci. 22, 27.
- Lai, J. et al. (2003) Curr.Opin. Neurobiol 13, 291.
- Catterall, W.A. (2000) Neuron 26, 13.
- Chen, C. et al. (2002) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 99, 17072.
- Schmidt, J.W. and Catterall, W.A. (1986) Cell 46, 437.
- Lopez-Santiago L. F. et al. (2006) J. Neurosci. 6, 7984.
Voltage-gated sodium channels (Nav) are essential for the generation of action potentials and for cell excitability.1 To date, nine Nav α subunits have been cloned and named Nav1.1-Nav1.9.2,3 Mammalian sodium channels are heterotrimers, composed of a central, pore-forming α subunit and two auxiliary β-subunits (Nav β-subunit).4
The Nav β-subunit gene family consists of four members: β1 (SCN1B), β2 (SCN2B), β3 (SCN3B), and β4 (SCN4B) having type I topology, containing an extracellular amino-terminus, a single transmembrane segment, and an intracellular carboxyl-terminus.They modulate channel gating, assembly, and cell surface expression in heterologous cell systems.5
Navβ-subunits are cell adhesion molecules of the Ig superfamily, which interact with extracellular matrix, transmembrane signaling, and cell adhesion molecules.5
In the adult central nervous system and heart, sodium channels are associate with β1- β4 subunits, whereas in adult skeletal muscle they are associate only with the β1 subunit.4,5
This association appears to be a late event in sodium channel biosynthesis.6
Species reactivity key:
Anti-NaVβ1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ASC-041) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunohistochemistry, immunocytochemistry, and live cell imaging applications. It has been designed to recognize NaVβ1 from human, rat, and mouse samples.
- Rat brain neurolemma lysate.
Murenzi, E. et al. (2017) Neurotoxicology 60, 260.
- Anti-SCN2B (NaVβ2) Antibody (#ASC-007)
- Anti-NaVβ4 (extracellular) Antibody (#ASC-044)
- TTX-Sensitive NaV Channel Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-224)
- TTX-Resistant NaV Channel Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-223)
- TTX-Sensitive NaV Channel Blocker Explorer Kit (#EK-105)
- TTX-Resistant NaV Channel Blocker Explorer Kit (#EK-106)
- NaV Channel Activator Explorer Kit (#EK-203)