This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
This lyophilized product is shipped at room temperature. Please see its certificate of analysis for further storage instructions.
3,4. Anti-Neurexin 1α (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the control peptide antigen.
Neurexins (NRXNs) are a family of transmembrane, synaptic adhesion molecules. NRXNS were identified as receptors for α-latrotoxin, a presynaptic toxin that triggers massive neurotransmitter release1. Neurexins are largely presynaptic proteins that form a trans-synaptic cell-adhesion complex with postsynaptic neuroligins2. They are encoded by three genes (NRXN1, NRXN2 and NRXN3), each using an upstream promoter to produce the longer α-isoform (α-NRXNs) and a downstream promoter to generate a shorter β-isoform (β- NRXNs).
The α- and β-isoforms of each neurexin are single-pass transmembrane proteins maintaining identical transmembrane and intracellular domains but having distinct extracellular domains. NRXNs in neurons localize to the presynaptic membrane and bind trans-synaptically to postsynaptic adhesion molecules and receptors3. Neurexins are expressed in all neurons, and are subject to extensive alternative splicing, generating >1,000 splice variants, some of which exhibit highly regulated developmental and spatial expression patterns4.
The extracellular domain of neurexin 1α (NRXN1α) is composed of three neurexin repeats (I, II, and III), which each contains the modules LNS-EGF-LNS. NRXN1α binds endogenous ligands including neuroligins, LRRTM family members, neurexophilin, α-dystroglycan, and GABA(A) receptors.
NRXN1α gene mutations have been identified in neuropsychiatric diseases including Schizophrenia and Autism Spectrum Disorder5.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-Neurexin 1α (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-031) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot and live cell imaging applications. The antibody recognizes an extracellular epitope and is therefore, highly suited to recognize neurexin 1α in living cells. It has been designed to recognize Nrxn1α from rat, mouse and human samples.
Antibodies for immuno-colocalization experiments
- Anti-Neurexin 1α (extracellular)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#ANR-031-AG). A fluorescent labeled primary antibody. It can be used in immuno-colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit.
- Anti-Neurexin 3α (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-033)
- Anti-Neuroligin 1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-035)
- Anti-Neuroligin 2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-036)
- Anti-Neuroligin 3 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-037)
- Anti-Caspr2 Antibody (#APZ-005)
- Anti-Nectin-1/PVRL1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-051)
- Anti-ASTN1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-151)
- Anti-LRRTM1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-141)