This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)GGKHRENKVFMRK, corresponding to amino acid residues 502-514 of human neuropilin-1 (Accession O14786). Extracellular, N-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat (lanes 1 and 3) and mouse (lanes 2 and 4) brain lysates:1,2. Anti-Neuropilin-1 (NRP1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-063), (1:200).
3,4. Anti-Neuropilin-1 (NRP1) (extracellular) Antibody preincubated with the negative control antigen.Western blot analysis of human Jurkat T-cell leukemia cell line lysate:1. Anti-Neuropilin-1 (NRP1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-063), (1:200).
2. Anti-Neuropilin-1 (NRP1) (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Expression of Neuropilin-1 in human U-87 MG cellsCell surface detection of Neuropilin-1 in live intact human U-87 MG glioblastoma cells. A. Extracellular staining of cells using Anti-Neuropilin-1 (NRP1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-063), (1:25). B. Live view of the cells.
- 1. Pellet-Many, C. et al. (2008) Biochem. J. 411, 211.
Neuropilins (NRPs) are co-receptors for class 3 semaphorins, polypeptides with key roles in axonal guidance, and for members of the VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor) family of angiogenic cytokines.
Neuropilin 1 (NRP1) is a transmembrane glycoprotein and comprises a large extracellular region containing multiple domains, a single transmembrane domain and a small cytoplasmic domain, also with a number of protein interacting domains.
Class 3 semaphorins bind NRP1 (and NRP2) with different, and partially overlapping, specificities and affinities. Plexin A1 and Plexin A2 are the major signaling receptors for class 3 semaphorins, and complex with NRPs and semaphorins to form a holoreceptor essential for mediating effects of semaphorins on growth-cone collapse and axonal guidance in neurogenesis. The major VEGF-A signaling receptor, VEGF receptor 2, forms complexes with NRP1 and is important for optimal VEGFR2 signaling and function in endothelial cells.
Targeted disruption of the NRP1 gene has demonstrated an essential dual role of these molecules in neurogenesis and cardiovascular development. NRP1-null mice die with a spectrum of cardiovascular and neuronal defects1.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-Neuropilin-1 (NRP1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-063) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the human protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunocytochemistry, and live cell imaging applications. It has been designed to recognize NRP1 from human, mouse, and rat samples.
- Anti-Neuropilin-2 (NRP2) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-062)
- Anti-Neuropilin-2 (NRP2) (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#ANR-062-F)
- Anti-Plexin-A1 (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-081)
- Anti-Plexin-A2 (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-082)
- Anti-Plexin-A3 (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-093)
- Anti-Semaphorin 3A (SEMA3A) Antibody (#ASR-051)
- Anti-Semaphorin 7A (SEMA7A) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-077)
- Anti-Semaphorin 4D (SEMA4D) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-064)