This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide DRFLKIIRPLRNIFLK(C), corresponding to amino acid residues 119-134 of human P2RY13 (Accession Q9BPV8). 2nd intracellular loop.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain membranes:1. Anti-P2Y13 Receptor Antibody (#APR-017), (1:200).
2. Anti-P2Y13 Receptor Antibody, preincubated with the control peptide antigen.
- Expression of P2RY13 in rat testisImmunohistochemical staining of paraffin embedded rat epidydimus section using Anti-P2Y13 Receptor Antibody (#APR-017), (1:50). Strong and high specific staining of the epithelial cells is shown. Universal Immuno-alkaline-phosphatase kit followed by New Fuchsin Substrate was used for color reaction (red). Hematoxilin is used as the counterstain.
- Mouse hippocampal neuronal culture (del Puerto, A. et al. (2011) J. Cell Sci. 125, 176.).
- Rat osteoclasts (10 μg/ml) (Alvarenga, E.C. et al. (2010) Bone 46, 355.).
- The control antigen is not suitable for this application.
- Communi, D. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 41479.
- Zhang, F.L. et al. (2002) J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 301, 705.
- Wang, L. et al. (2005) Circ. Res. 96, 189.
- Wirkner, K. et al. (2004) Br. J. Pharmacol. 141, 141.
The P2Y family belongs to the G-protein coupled receptors superfamily. They are activated by extracellular nucleotides and modulate variety of physiological functions.
A new member of this family was recently identified, the P2Y13 receptor.1,2 The P2Y13 receptor has significant similarity to the P2Y12 receptor (about 45% sequence identity) and together they form a distinct group structurally differ from other members of this family. P2Y13 receptor, like the P2Y12 receptor, is a high affinity receptor for the ADP nucleotide, coupled to the Gai class of G-proteins.1,2 The P2Y13 receptor is highly expressed at brain and spleen tissues as well as in the immune system. Lower expression was demonstrated in the testis, lung liver and other peripheral organs.1-3
Recently it has been shown that ADP activates a negative feedback pathway for ATP release from human red blood cells via the P2Y13 receptor.4
P2Y13 receptor was also implicated in inhibition of N-type Ca2+ channels in neurons, exerting pre and/or post-synaptic modulatory action.5
Species reactivity key:
Anti-P2Y13 Receptor Antibody (#APR-017) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the human protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, indirect flow cytometry, immunocytochemistry, and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize P2RY13 in human, rat, and mouse samples.
- Rat heart lysate (1:200).
Giachini, F.R. et al. (2014) PLoS ONE 9, e91890.
- Mouse muscle sections.
Guarracino, J.F. et al. (2016) Neuroscience 326, 31.
- Rat osteoclasts (10 μg/ml).
Alvarenga, E.C. et al. (2010) Bone 46, 355.
- Zerpa, H. et al. (2013) Eur. J. Pharmacol. 702, 242.