- Lyophilized Powder Lyophilized Powder
This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
- Antigen Incl. Control Antigen Included
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer the Ca2+-Activated Cl– Channel Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-405). This Explorer Kit includes Ca2+-activated Cl– channel antibodies with their respective peptide control antigen. An ideal tool for screening purposes.
|Product Name||Cat #||Size|
Anti-TMEM16A (ANO1) (extracellular) Antibody
|ACL-011||1 x 50 µl|
Anti-TMEM16B (ANO2) (extracellular) Antibody
|ACL-012||1 x 50 µl|
|ACL-015||1 x 50 µl|
Anti-Anoctamin-6 (extracellular) Antibody
|ACL-016||1 x 50 µl|
Anti-Bestrophin-1 (extracellular) Antibody
|ABC-001||1 x 50 µl|
Anti-Bestrophin-2 (extracellular) Antibody
|ABC-002||1 x 50 µl|
Anoctamin (ANO, or TMEM16) is a family of 10 membrane proteins. This family is so named because these channels are selective to ANions and have eight (OCT) transmembrane domains. Also, these channels are subject to glycosylation in their extracellular loops and have both intracellular N- and C-termini1.
Although relatively newly discovered channels, they are being discovered in many medical indications. Ano1 has become a marker in gastrointestinal tumors as its expression is significantly upregulated2,3. Similarly, Ano1 is also highly expressed in other carcinomas4,5.
To date, Bestrophin 1-4 have been identified, although Bestrophin-3 and Bestrophin-4 have been observed only at the RNA level7. In addition, splice variants of some of these Ca2+-activated Cl- channels (CaCCs) have also been detected6,8,9. CaCCs are known to be involved in the regulation of olfaction, taste, phototransduction, and excitability in the nervous system.
- Hartzell, H.C. et al. (2009) J. Physiol. 587.10, 2127.
- West, R.B. et al. (2004) Am. J. Pathol. 165, 107.
- Espinosa, I. et al. (2008) Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 32, 210.
- Huang, X. et al. (2006) Genes Chromosomes Cancer 45, 1058.
- Carles, A. et al. (2006) Oncogene 25, 1821.
- Petrukhin, K. et al. (1998) Nat. Genet. 19, 241.
- Hartzell, C.H. et al. (2008) Physiol. Rev. 88, 639.
- Kramer, F. et al. (2004) Cytogen. Genome Res. 105, 107.
- Stohr, H et al. (2002) Eur. J. Hum. Genet. 10, 281.