- Ca2+ Activated Cl- Channels (8)
- Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator (CFTR) (4)
- Intracellular Cl- Channels (CLIC) (6)
- Voltage-Gated Cl- Channels (10)
- Volume-Regulated Anion Channel (1)
Cl– channels are ubiquitously expressed transmembrane proteins that allow the diffusion of anions along their electrochemical gradient. Although the channels are equally (if not more) permeable to anions such as I– or HCO3– than to Cl–, they are known as Cl– channels since this is the most abundant anion in physiological settings.