Cat #: B-351
Lyophilized Powder yes
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Purity: >98% (HPLC)
Form Lyophilized powder.
Effective concentration 50 nM - 5 µM.
Chemical name (4S)-1,4-dihydro-2,6-dimethyl-5-nitro-4-[2-trifluoromethyl)phenyl]-3-pyridinecarboxylic acid methyl ester.
Molecular formula C16H15 F3N2O4.
CAS No.: 98625-26-4
Activity (S)(-)-Bay K8644 is an L-type Ca2+-channel activator. It displays vasoconstrictive effects in vivo1.
- Franckowiak, G. et al. (1985) Eur. J. Pharmacol. 114, 223.
Shipping and storage Shipped at room temperature. Product as supplied can be stored intact at room temperature for several weeks. For longer periods, it should be stored at -20°C.
Solubility 100 mM in DMSO. Centrifuge all product preparations before use (10000 x g for 1 min).
Storage of solutions Up to four weeks at 4°C or three months at -20°C.
- Alomone Labs (S)(-)-Bay K8644 increases L-type CaV channel currents heterologously expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Time course of CaV1.2 (co-expressed with α2δ1 and β1 auxiliary subunits) peak current amplitude, elicited by 100 ms voltage ramp from holding potential of -100 mV to +50 mV, delivered every 10 seconds. Application of 0.1 and 1 µM (S)(-)-Bay K8644 (#B-351) increases the CaV1.2 current (indicated by the horizontal bar). B. Representative current traces before and during application of 0.1 and 1 µM (S)(-)-Bay K8644 as indicated.
References - Scientific background
Scientific background (S)(-)-Bay K8644 is an L-type Ca2+-channel activator with positive inotropic, vasoconstrictive and behavioral effects in vivo. It is an enantiomer of (±)-Bay K8644. (S)(-)-Bay K8644 is a dihydropyridine that can, among other effects, constrict blood vessels and increase the force of contraction of the heart. The drug is thought to increase the entry of Ca2+ into cells by increasing the open-state probability of Ca2+ channels, either by prolonging the duration of individual openings or by increasing the number of openings. It was noted in early experiments with Bay K8644 that the dose-response curve is biphasic1. The action of (S)(-)-Bay K8644 was studied in rat tail artery and guinea pig ileal longitudinal smooth muscle using pharmacologic and radioligand binding assays. It induced concentration-dependent contractions in both smooth muscle preparations with EC50 values of 1.98-11 nM. With increasing concentrations, (S)(-)-Bay K8644 relaxed the tissue with IC50 values of 0.53-2.60 μM2.
Target L-type Ca2+ channels
Last update: 11/04/2021
(S)(-)-Bay K8644 (#B-351) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
For research purposes only, not for human use
- Anti-CaV1.1 (CACNA1S) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-314)
- Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-003)
- Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C)-ATTO Fluor-488 Antibody (#ACC-003-AG)
- Guinea pig Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#AGP-001)
- Anti-CaV1.2a (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-013)
- Anti-Human CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-022)
- Anti-CaV1.3 (CACNA1D) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-311)
- Anti-CaV1.3 (CACNA1D) Antibody (#ACC-005)
- Guinea pig Anti-CaV1.3 (CACNA1D) Antibody (#AGP-061)
Explorer kits & Research packs
Shipping and Ordering information