Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Alomone Labs U 93631 inhibits GABA(A) receptors expressed in Xenopus oocytes.Representative time course of GABA(A) α1/β2 current, activated by a continuous application (top dotted line) of 0.1 µM γ-aminobutyric acid (#G-110), and reversibly inhibited by 2 µM and 10 µM U 93631 (#U-120), as indicated (bar), at a holding potential of -60 mV.
U 93631 is a synthetic compound that acts as an antagonist of the gamma-aminobutyric acid type A GABA(A) receptors and of 5-hydroxytryptamine type 3A (5-HT3A) receptors, displaying an IC50 of 50 µM for the serotonin receptor4. The compound accelerates the decay of GABA induced currents through an allosteric manner. The properties of U 93631 are shown to be analogous to those of picrotoxin and both share overlapping binding domains1,2.
GABA(A) receptors and 5-HT3 (serotonin-gated) receptor channels are members of the Cys-loop superfamily of ligand-gated ion channels. These receptors are expressed throughout the central and peripheral nervous systems and mediate a variety of important physiological functions. GABA(A) receptors mediate the actions of GABA, a major inhibitory neurotransmitter. 5-HT3 receptors mediate those of serotonin3.
U 93631 (#U-120) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-GABA(A) α1 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-001)
- Anti-GABA(A) α1 Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-488 Antibody (#AGA-001-AG)
- Anti-GABA(A) α2 Receptor Antibody (#AGA-002)
- GABA(A) Receptor Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-229)
- Anti-5HT3A Receptor (HTR3A) Antibody (#ASR-031)
- α-Asarone (#A-260)
- (+)-Bicuculline (#B-135)
- Bilobalide (#B-145)
- Picrotoxin (#P-325)
- CGS 20625 (#C-390)
- Etbicyphat (#E-175)
- GABA(A)-Compound 1b (#CMG-004)
- 2'MeO6MF (#M-245)
- GABA(A) Receptor Antagonist Explorer Kit (#EK-420)
- GABA(A) Receptor Agonist Explorer Kit (#EK-425)
- GABA(A) Receptor Modulator Explorer Kit (#EK-360)