This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
Peptide (C)HEGVLNIDDYKIQMNK, corresponding to amino acids 501-516 of rat mGluR1 (Accession P23385). Extracellular, N-terminus.
Western blot analysis of rat brain lysate:1. Anti-mGluR1 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-006), (1:200).
2. Anti-mGluR1 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the control peptide antigen.Western blot analysis of mouse brain lysate:1. Anti-mGluR1 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-006), (1:200).
2. Anti-mGluR1 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the control peptide antigen.
Immunoprecipitation of rat brain lysate:1. Cell lysate + protein A beads + Anti-mGluR1 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-006).
2. Cell lysate + protein A beads + pre-immune rabbit serum.
3. Cell lysate.
Black arrow indicates the mGluR1 protein (glycosylated form) while the red arrow shows the IgG heavy chain. Immunoblot was performed with the Anti-mGluR1 (extracellular) Antibody.
Indirect flow cytometry analysis in live intact Jurkat cells:___ Unstained cells + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
___ Cells + Anti-mGluR1 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-006), (10 µg) + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
Expression of mGluR1 in rat C6 glioma cellsCell surface detection of mGluR1 in live intact rat C6 glioma cells using Anti-mGluR1 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-006), (1:100), followed by goat-anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-555 secondary antibody (red). Nuclei were stained with Hoechst 33342 (blue).
L-Glutamate is the major excitatory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system. It operates through several receptors that are categorized as ionotropic (ligand-gated cation channels) or metabotropic (G-protein coupled receptors). The metabotropic glutamate receptor family includes eight members (mGluR1-8) that have been divided into three groups based on their sequence homology, pharmacology and signal transduction.
Group I of the metabotropic glutamate receptors includes the mGluR1 and mGluR5 receptors. The receptors present the typical G-protein coupled receptor (GPCR) signature topology: seven transmembrane domains with a large extracellular N-terminus and an intracellular C-terminus. The N-terminus domain of Group I receptors contains the glutamate binding site while the cytoplasmic C-terminus domain has an important role in the regulation of receptor activity through interactions with other proteins such as the Homer adaptor proteins.
mGluR1 and mGluR5 receptors signal through Gq/G11, that activates phospholipase C and ultimately produces an increase in inositol trisphosphate and cytosolic Ca2+. Additional downstream signaling pathways include the activation of PKC and modulation of Ca2+ and K+ ion channels. Activation of signaling pathways independent of G-proteins have also been reported.
mGluR1 is predominantly expressed in nervous tissue although expression in several non-neural cell types has also been described. In the brain it is highly expressed in the hippocampus, cerebellum, olfactory bulb and thalamus.
The mGluR1 receptor is involved in several physiological processes such as neuronal development, induction of long-term potentiation (LTP) and depression (LTD) as well as in pathological disorders such as brain trauma, chronic pain, Parkinson’s and Huntington’s disease.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-mGluR1 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-006) is a highly specific antibody directed against the extracellular N-terminus domain of rat mGluR1. The antibody can be used in western blot and immunocytochemistry applications, and recognizes mGluR1 in rat, mouse and human samples.
- Anti-mGluR1 (extracellular)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#AGC-006-AG)
- Anti-mGluR2 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-011)
- Anti-mGluR3 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-012)
- Anti-mGluR4 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-014)
- Anti-mGluR5 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-007)
- Anti-mGluR6 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-026)
- Anti-mGluR7 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-017)
- Anti-mGluR8 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-028)
- Anti-GluR2 (GluA2) (extracellular)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#AGC-005-AG)
- Anti-GluR4 (GluA4) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-019)
- Anti-NMDAR2B (GluN2B) (extracellular)-ATTO-594 Antibody (#AGC-003-AR)
- Anti-NMDAR2C (GRIN2C) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-018)