- Peptide CTAENTLFYVKES, corresponding to amino acid residues 270-282 of human P2RY12 (Accession Q9H244). 3rd extracellular loop.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain membrane (lanes 1 and 3) and human MEG-01 chronic myelogenous leukemia (lanes 2 and 4) cell line lysate:1-2. Anti-P2Y12 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-020), (1:200).
3-4. Anti-P2Y12 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with P2Y12 Receptor (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (#BLP-PR020).
- Cell surface detection of P2RY12 in live intact mouse BV-2 microglia cells:___ Cells.
___ Cells + goat-anti-rabbit-BV421.
___ Cells + Anti-P2Y12 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-020), (5 µg) + goat-anti-rabbit-BV421.
- The blocking peptide in not suitable for this application.
- Expression of P2RY12 in rat RBL cellsCell surface detection of P2RY12 in intact living rat basophilic leukemia (RBL) cells. A. Extracellular staining of cells using Anti-P2Y12 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-020), (1:100) followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-594 secondary antibody (red). B. Live view of the cells.
- Queiroz, G. et al. (2003) J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 307, 809.
- Ralevic, V. and Burnstock, G. (1998) Pharmacol. Rev. 50, 413.
- Abbracchio, M.P. et al. (2003) Trends Pharmacol. Sci. 24, 52.
- Nicholas, R.A. (2001) Mol. Pharmacol. 60, 416.
The P2Y receptors belong to the G-protein coupled receptor superfamily. They mediate the actions of the extracellular nucleotides (ATP, ADP, UTP and UDPA). Eight functional mammalian P2Y receptors have been described: P2Y1, P2Y2, P2Y4, P2Y6, P2Y11, P2Y12, P2Y13, and the UDP-glucose receptor, now renamed P2Y141-3.
The P2Y12 receptor is co-expressed with the P2Y1 receptor on platelets leading to shape change, aggregation, and rise in intracellular Ca2+ upon activation.
The only other expression of P2Y12 was found in brain, according to results of reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction and northern blotting4. The P2Y12 receptor has become a target for potential therapeutic drugs for the treatment of thromboembolism and other clotting disorders4.
Species reactivity key:
Expression of P2Y12 Receptor in mouse BV-2 microglia cells.Cell surface detection of P2Y12 Receptor in live intact mouse BV-2 microglia cells using Anti-P2Y12 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-020). P2Y12 receptor immunoreactivity (green) is detected at the cell surface of cells.Adapted from Jiang, P. et al. (2017) PLoS ONE 12, e0183114. with permission of PLos.
Anti-P2Y12 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-020) is a highly specific antibody directed against an extracellular epitope of the human P2RY12. The antibody can be used in western blot, live cell imaging and indirect flow cytometry applications. It has been designed to recognize P2RY12 from human, rat and mouse samples.