This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
This lyophilized product is shipped at room temperature. Please see its certificate of analysis for further storage instructions.
2. Anti-P2Y6 Receptor Antibody, preincubated with the control peptide antigen.
The nucleotide receptor P2Y6 binds UDP, and is a member of the G-protein coupled receptor superfamily.1,3
P2Y6 agonists induce an inositol phosphate/Ca2+ response that is insensitive to pertussis toxin inhibition. P2Y6 is coupled to phospholipase C via Gq, and is also coupled to inhibition of N-type Ca2+ and M-type K+ channels.1,2
P2Y6 mRNA is expressed in various rat tissues, including lung, stomach, intestine, spleen, heart, and aorta. P2Y6 was reported to mediate contractions in human cerebral arteries.4
Species reactivity key:
Anti-P2Y6 Receptor Antibody (#APR-011) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, indirect flow cytometry, immunoprecipitation, immunocytochemistry, and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize P2RY6 from rat, mouse, and human samples.
- Mouse bone marrow lysate.
Ribeiro-Filho, A.C. et al. (2016) BMC Pharmacol. Toxicol. 17, 29.
- Human P2Y6 SHSY-5Y transfected cells (1:500).
Apolloni, S. et al. (2010) Neurochem. Int. 56, 670.
Products for control experiments
- Anti-P2Y6 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-106). This antibody recognizes a different epitope and thus can also be used as a control for detecting P2Y6.
Antibodies for live cell flow cytometry experiments
- Anti-P2Y6 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-106). This antibody can be used to detect P2Y6 in live cell flow cytometry.
- Explorer kits