- Peptide CQPHDLLQKLTAKWQRQRV, corresponding to amino acid residues 311-328 of rat P2Y6 receptor (Accession Q63371). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat heart membranes:1. Anti-P2Y6 Receptor Antibody (#APR-011), (1:200).
2. Anti-P2Y6 Receptor Antibody, preincubated with P2Y6 Receptor Blocking Peptide (#BLP-PR011).
- Mouse theca intertitial cells (3 μl) (Vazquez Cuevas, F.G. et al. (2010) Reprod. Biol. Endocrinol. 8, 88.).
- Mouse paraffin heart section.
- Human eye tissue (Fries, J.E. et al. (2005) Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 46, 3000.).
- Human P2Y6 SHSY-5Y transfected cells (1:500) (Apolloni, S. et al. (2010) Neurochem. Int. 56, 670.).
- Rat osteoclasts (6 μg/ml) (Alvarenga, E.C. et al. (2010) Bone 46, 355.).
- The control antigen is not suitable for this application.
The nucleotide receptor P2Y6 binds UDP, and is a member of the G-protein coupled receptor superfamily.1,3
P2Y6 agonists induce an inositol phosphate/Ca2+ response that is insensitive to pertussis toxin inhibition. P2Y6 is coupled to phospholipase C via Gq, and is also coupled to inhibition of N-type Ca2+ and M-type K+ channels.1,2
P2Y6 mRNA is expressed in various rat tissues, including lung, stomach, intestine, spleen, heart, and aorta. P2Y6 was reported to mediate contractions in human cerebral arteries.4
Species reactivity key:
Anti-P2Y6 Receptor Antibody (#APR-011) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, indirect flow cytometry, immunoprecipitation, immunocytochemistry, and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize P2RY6 from rat, mouse, and human samples.
- Mouse bone marrow lysate.
Ribeiro-Filho, A.C. et al. (2016) BMC Pharmacol. Toxicol. 17, 29.
- Human P2Y6 SHSY-5Y transfected cells (1:500).
Apolloni, S. et al. (2010) Neurochem. Int. 56, 670.
- Anti-P2Y6 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-106). This antibody recognizes a different epitope and thus can also be used as a control for detecting P2Y6.