- Alomone Labs Dendrotoxin-I inhibits KV1.1 and KV1.2 channel currents heterologously expressed in Xenopus oocytes.KV1.1 (left, in 2 mM K+) and KV1.2 (right, in 5 mM K+) channel currents, elicited by 200 ms depolarization from holding potential of -100 mV to +20 mV, before and during application of 100 nM Dendrotoxin-I (#D-390). 92% (n = 4) of the KV1.1 and 84% (n = 4) of the KV1.2 channels currents were inhibited by 100 nM Dendrotoxin-I, respectively.
Dendrotoxin-I is isolated from Dendroaspis p.polylepis snake venom by modification of the procedure of Schweitz1 and purified to homogeneity.
Dendrotoxin-I blocks KV1.2 and KV1.1 channels (IC50=0.13 and 3.1 nM in oocytes respectively, with higher values for mammalian cells)3 as well as heteromultimeric channels containing these, with other KV1 isoforms2 (for review see 3).
Dendrotoxin-I (#D-390) is a highly pure, natural, and biologically active peptide toxin.
Alomone Labs Dendrotoxin-I shifts the resting potential of avian high characteristic frequency region of nucleus magnocellularis neurons.Voltage responses of a high characteristic frequency (CF) neuron in control (left panel) and in presence of Dendrotoxin-I (#D-390), (right panel). Application of Dendrotoxin-I shifts the resting potential from -75 to -64 mV and reduces the threshold current. Neurons show multiple action potentials in the presence of Dendrotoxin-I.Adapted from Fukui, I. and Ohmori, H. (2004) J. Neurosci. 24, 7514. with permission of the Society for Neuroscience.
- Wright, T. et al. (2016) Sci. Rep. 6, 28584.
- Sforna, L. et al. (2015) J. Neurophysiol. 113, 2653.
- Hardman, R.M. and Forsythe, I.D. (2009) J. Physiol. 587, 2487.
- Johnston, J. et al. (2008) Eur. J. Neurosci. 27, 1391.
- Johnston, J. et al. (2008) J. Physiol. 586, 3493.
- Sinha, K. et al. (2006) J. Neurophysiol. 95, 1683.
- Eftekharpour, E. et al. (2005) Exp. Neurol. 193, 334.
- Shibukawa, Y. et al. (2005) Biophys. J. 88, 3924.
- Svirskis, G. et al. (2004) J. Neurophysiol. 91, 2465.
- Svirskis, G. et al. (2002) J. Neurosci. 22, 11019.
- Monsivais, P and Rubel, E.W. (2001) J. Neurosci. 21, 7823.
- Petersson, J. et al. (1997) Br. J. Pharmacol. 120, 1344.